Chapter 3

A little over an hour later, I'm in the bathroom of my room at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites which is about ten minutes from the track where I'm almost done getting ready for my date with Lucas

"Hey, since you're getting ready, can you pack up your things in case y'all go back to Lexington?" my mom asks from the living room of her suite with my dad that's connected with mine.

"Yeah, sure," I respond. I'm currently dressed in my medium heather gray short sleeve top that has a v-neckline I paired with my black pair of woven shorts that have an elastic waistband and zip-up front pockets.

"And remember, if you guys go home, Lucas cannot stay and you need to get up and help with the other horses," she says, giving me a knowing look.

"Okay mom, I get it," I sigh, trying to bite back the attitude. 

I know she knows Lucas and I haven't had sex, but I still take it as her warning not to do anything stupid if given the chance. I don't know what Lucas and I are doing since he won't tell me anything, but I feel like she knows something, given her warning, and the fact that we've been together for so long and are teenagers who will at some point be alone together with no one around.

 I don't know what Lucas and I are doing since he won't tell me anything, but I feel like she knows something, given her warning, and the fact that we've been together for so long and are teenagers who will at some point be alone together with no ...

About half an hour later, as I slip my large silver rectangular hoops into my ears, my hair now up a straightened ponytail, there is a knock on our door and I hear my mom stand up from the couch to answer it. 

"I'm glad you guys are doing something tonight, y'all don't get a lot of chances to be normal teenagers during the summer," my mom says to him while they pass the bathroom, the door closed since I was changing.

"Yeah, I was hoping it would work out," I hear Lucas reply to her as I open the bathroom door, turning off the light, before I step out.

"Hey Luc," I voice when I walk into the living room. I have changed into my slate blue sleeveless mid-thigh skater dress with a high apron neckline, crisscross straps across the open back, a fitted waistline and a flowy layered skirt. that I paired with my brown pair of western boots with double rose scallops and embroidery on the fifteen-inch shafts, snip toes and two-inch western heels.