Chapter 17

Five days later, it's Saturday and my parents are out of town this weekend for races down in Del Mar and I somehow managed to convince them to let me stay back here at home by myself

Not that I'm complaining, at all!

This weekend is more than likely the last weekend my friends and I have to spend together before school starts up again in a few weeks.

It's about mid-morning by the time I get back to the house to rinse off the horse manure smell lingering on me from helping out with morning workouts and barn chores. I sent a text message to everyone before I got in the shower telling them they could head on over whenever they felt ready too. Lucas, Brody and Trey are stuck at camp for a few hours still, but everyone else is coming over beforehand so we can spend time down in the creek, hopefully being joined by them before we're done

"Kayl?" Aubrey calls as she opens the front door after she does her famous triple doorbell ring routine she's picked up over the years since she has the pin to the door.

"Upstairs!" I call back. "I'll be down in a sec!" I add while I turn to leave my room. I'm wearing my white elbow length dolman sleeve cover-up dress which has a v-neckline and an empire waistline that is layered on top of my rouge red bikini with a top that has thin removable halter straps and the CALIA by Carrie Underwood logo seal along the left band as well as the matching low-rise bikini bottoms with side cut-outs and the CALIA by Carrie Underwood logo seal centered on the top of the backside.

"Hi," she greets me when I appear around the turn to the staircase landing. She is dressed in her white and pink tie-dye draped open-front kimono that she has layered over her white textured bikini with a strapless bandeau top and matching mid-rise bottoms. She has slid her feet inside of her light brown pair of sandals with quarter ankle straps and t-straps while her sleek matte black metal aviator sunglasses that have gray lenses are propped in front of her high braid.

"Hey guys," I smile at her and Hayden who are sitting beside one another on the sectional, Roxy is surprisingly hogging all of Hayden's attention.

"Is she coming with us today?" Aubrey asks with a chuckle as her boyfriend carefully shakes my dog's head in-between his large hands.

"Yeah, if your boyfriend doesn't kill her," I tease.

"Hey, she likes it," Hayden scoffs in defense while deciding to swat his hands around Roxy's mouth, encouraging her to snap her jaw at him.

"If she bites you, it's your fault," Aubrey sighs, shaking her head.

"Well duh," Hayden mocks her.

"Whatever," she huffs. "Is Austin coming today?" she questions me.

"I don't know, Savi didn't say anything," I respond.

"It's just crazy that he won't be around any of us now," she sighs.