Chapter 19

A couple weeks later, it's my seventeenth birthday and since my mom and I are both home while my dad is up north in Saratoga, I'm even having my party today

A couple weeks later, it's my seventeenth birthday and since my mom and I are both home while my dad is up north in Saratoga, I'm even having my party today. Just like a couple of weeks ago, Lucas, Trey and Brody had camp earlier, but they should be here any time now, but everyone else is here already and we're all out in the backyard. I'm sitting with the girls on the steel chairs that have taupe cushions at our matching patio table while Hayden and Owen kick around a soccer ball, Roxy running back and forth between them after the ball. I even set up my parents black JBL PartyBox 100 they have specifically for things like this, country music currently playing through the oversized speaker.

"Hey sexy," Lucas startles me by whispering in my left ear.

"Shit!" I shriek, turning around in my chair to find him standing above me, his hands resting on the back of my chair since I had been slightly leaned forward. I'm dressed in my burgundy short sleeve mid-thigh length bodycon dress that has a round neckline and tight gathering along the waist up to the left side and an overlapping hemline I paired with my cognac pair of sandals that have back zippers, quarter ankle straps, gold GBG Los Angeles logo detailed t-straps and hardware detailing. My hair is down after I curled beach waves into it which partially hides my silver tapered bar earrings while my eyes are covered up by my sleek metal black cat eye sunglasses with gray smoke lenses.

"Here we go," Tessa chuckles with an eye roll from beside me. She's wearing her black short sleeve tiered babydoll dress which has a crew neckline, a relaxed waistline and a ruffle skirt she's paired with her gray metallic pair of multi-criss cross strapped gladiator sandals that have back zippers and toe bands. Her hair is curled and pulled back into a high ponytail to flash her large thin silver pointed oval hoops while her eyes are shielded behind her pair of thin oversized black sweeping vintage square sunglasses with gray gradient lenses.

"Shut up," I huff. "Hi," I greet Lucas with a smile, cupping his face to pull it down to mine so I can kiss him.

"Happy birthday babe," he returns the kiss through a smile of his own, his right hand comes to rest under my jaw, tilting my head up to deepen the kiss. He's dressed in his light gray and white with light blue stripes plaid long sleeve button-down shirt, the sleeves rolled up along his forearms, that he paired with his dark blue washed pair of low-rise slim-fit denim jeans and his earth brown cowboy boots. "You look beautiful," he tells me when I pull away.

"Thank you," I smile, just now noticing the bouquet of pink and white roses. "So are these," I continue, angling my head to smell the roses.

"I thought you'd like 'em," he smirks. "Do you want me to give them to your mom?"

"No, I'll take them in," I reply. "Come with?"

"Of course," he tells me as I stand up.

"Sex," Whitney fake coughs under her breath while my back is turned to her. She is wearing her blue short sleeve t-shirt dress which has a scoop neckline and pockets she has paired with her off-white pair of gladiator sandals which are covered up in large silver studs and ankle zippers that have tassel accents. She has her eyes shielded by her sleek metal classic black aviators with gray gradient lenses while her hair is curled in a half-up half-down style, her large chunky silver hoops poking through.