Chapter 18

Late the next morning, I dragged myself from my warm and cozy bed, leaving behind a totally zonked out Lucas thanks to a rumbling stomach

Late the next morning, I dragged myself from my warm and cozy bed, leaving behind a totally zonked out Lucas thanks to a rumbling stomach. I slipped Lucas's denim blue heathered t-shirt on and used the bathroom and cleaned myself up enough to look somewhat alive. Then, I headed downstairs, letting Roxy, who slept downstairs on my parents bed since I kept her locked out of my room, outside to go potty herself.

I'm currently cooking up some breakfast for Lucas and I, the hemline of his shirt barley falling past my butt to let my pale sky pair of mid-rise hiphugger panties with the VICTORIA'S SECRET logo along the waistband be partially visible with my hair piled in a messy bun when there's a knock on the front door before the pin is pressed into the lock.

"Kayl?" my sister Kim calls out as she walks inside the house, Roxy perking up from where she is lying on the bench seating of the nook window in the kitchen.

"Shit," I whisper from where I'm standing at the stove, looking down at the clothes barely covering my body. "Um, hi, I'm in the kitchen," I reply while I try to tug the hemline down as if that's actually going to work.

"Oh, uh, sorry. I thought you'd be dressed by now," she says when she walks into the kitchen, finding me in the little clothing.

"It's fine; I can go change," I respond, turning off the electric griddle with a batch of pancakes on it so they won't burn while I'm upstairs. Luckily I hadn't gotten too far into making the pancakes, let alone breakfast so it shouldn't look like I'm making way more food than I need to eat by myself.

"What's up with you? You're acting weird," she pushes, grabbing my arm when I try to move around her, flashing her engagement ring.

"I'm fine. You just caught me off guard, that's all."

"Alright, fine, if you're sure," she sighs, seeming unconvinced either way. "Go get changed," she adds as she lets me go.

"I'll be right back," I tell her, leaving the kitchen to go upstairs to my bedroom, silently closing my door behind me so she won't hear. "Luc, wake up," I voice quietly to my still passed out boyfriend while I pull on my gray shorts from last night that are still discarded on my floor.

"Hm," I hear him whimper, his voice thick with sleep.

"Lucas," I sigh, pushing on his body that's still under my covers.

"Come back to bed," he barely mumbles.

"Kim's here so you have to stay in bed" I explain. "I'll let you know when she's gone and it's safe for you to come down," I add before I brush my lips against his. I barely wait for his grumble before I'm walking out of my bedroom to go back down the stairs, almost running into Kim coming out of the half bath when I reach the bottom of the stairs

"That sounded like a lot of running around for just shorts," she says, her eyes narrowing at my choice of clothes once again.

"I was hurrying. I didn't want to keep you waiting," I reply, trying to play it off.