chapter 5

I have to remember to keep the 24 hours effect consistent because if I don't you guys will call me out in a heartbeat. T-T

[ Kim Gong-ja has died]
[You will return 24 hours to the past]
[Kim Gong-ja is currently an E-rank hunter]

"Now, I can just go back and take a leisurely tour of the mansion until I find the doll. This just got too easy."

"I don't think so Gong-ja." the smile that was once on his face fell when he heard the tone in my voice as well as with what I said. Turning to me he held a face that was confused but in a strangely cute way.

Wait, did I just think Kim Gong-ja's face was cute? I know I've been hanging out with him too much but there's no way I'm falling right? Right?

Continuing what I was mentioning. "your skill has a penalty function if you don't remember." As if on queue.

[you are penalized by the skill.] 

Wait now it's dinging on me does that mean I also have o sit through this. I would prefer if one of us still had our morals and thought straight. We both shouldn't be penalized for this. Pulling my hair as a strange coping mechanism to my slow thought process and that fact I will have to watch people die and kid being burned alive soon. Why couldn't I realize this sooner? I'm doomed.

[Recrating trauma of an opponent that killed you.]
[The level of the penalty is weak purgatory.]

"Trauma?! What in the!"

[Recrating the trauma of the monster hellfire maiden.]

"Gong-ja! I hate you and your weird skill!" Grabbing his hoodie as the world around us shift into that of the hellfire maiden's memories. He soon disappeared from my grasp and so did the swordmaster. "Guys?"

The memory is of when she was still alive not even 10 years old asking a stranger at his door for food.

"Why the fuck is a homeless kid the first thing I see in the morning?" the old man who's obviously not a morning person slams the door in their face. After that, she started getting on the move to every door and person she could see.

"Just 1 piece of bread. It's okay even If it's moldy. I'm so hungry." The sight killed me on the inside. It was different to read it but to experience it is a whole other level. After a bit of begging and me cowering, the little girl was picked up by an old man. I can remember what's next. 

Caged up she begs. "When can I go out and play? I'm so hungry."

"Be patient. Only animals succumb to their urges. Just because you were birthed b a beast, Doesn't mean you should be raised like one too." Opening up the cage just to drag her by their cuffed wrists. "I know orphans very well. You don't work because you say you're too young, and you spread diseases from village to village. And I'm a nice man who has the duty of getting rid of kids like you."

The knife in his hands shimmer in the light as he used it to cut her hair off. 

The area shifts again but this time human sacrifices were happening. The maiden cage in the middle with more caged children around her "The famine is caused by these orphans! They are witches' kids! The poison of our land! We will sacrifice you to god and save this land!"

Old geezers with bad hygiene, wearing ropes of various colors cheered them on as they killed a few at a time. "Die." My heart dropped. Tears pooled from my eyes as I cover my mouth with my hands. The heat left my body leaving me to shake and pale. 

Again it shift back to the cage room from before this time it was more dark and sinister as blood pools cover the ground. 

"Wow. What the fuck is this?" Swordmaster? he's here.

"Were you also watching?" Gong-ja too.

"I was here from the start. I didn't know you were in here either." 

"I guess we're just animas right now." he turned his torso to look at the swordmaster. Hearing a loud thump, only to look down to see me a mess on my knees. And this was only an E-rank trauma. How could I ever? "(y/n)!"

"Gong-ja!" Bending down to my level I took my chance and grabbed him. He's here with me. The swordmaster just peers down at us and this heartbroken look in his eyes before they turned to fury.

"What kind of Fuckery is this?!"

" This... It the... Origin of the boss." My nose was clogging up due to the heavy crying. My voice was more rough and difficult to breathe through my mouth and talk. "It use to be human." 

"Only boss monsters since they were real-life events from different worlds. They're all otherworldly lifeforms, heroes, the works and it's more frequent after the 11th floor." 

Gong-ja stared at the swordmaster as he spoke his face twisted in disgust and horror. "Why didn't you tell me that before? We could have avoided this. (y/n) is like this now."

"You never asked. this is a first for me. I knew that they were from other worlds. But there was never a way to find out what had happened to them. It's different looking at it myself."

As the world kept shifting to tell the story the face Gong-ja was making was turning more and more into horror and the swordmaster was puzzled at the sight. The next scene is the building being lit a flame as a butler tripped and the candle he held hit the rug on the floor.

The residents such as the maids and workers escaped but the children in the basement locked in the caged were trapped. 

at the scene Gong-ja hastily lifted me from the floor and from looking at him peer off at the fire it seemed to be a natural reaction. It was only then after the deed was done that he realized he can't interact with the area no matter what he does. 

[Trauma re-enactment complete.]

We were sent back 24 hours to the past. I was alone in my house. The adrenaline from the trauma still hasn't worn off as my blood is pumping. Not a second thought as I jumped out of my bed I woke up in and ran to Gong-ja's new apartment. I did have to catch the subway because of the distance but that's beside the point.

1129 words.