Chapter 16

I'm gonna go back and update the characters system since reading all the comments. You all gave me ideas for skills and made me think about how her system/ skills worked. If you want to look back and read it go ahead but if not be aware of the update. 

As we raised our heads the holographic figures of the goddess and demon king showed behind us. 

"The problem is quite simple. " Heresy Inquisitor, hand to his chin as he walks to us. " Hunter Kim Gong-ja and Hunter (L/n) (y/n) shared information on how to clear floor 11 with us. In return, they asked us to hear their request which we all agreed as long as it wasn't impossible. All of us remain on standby for 5 days without doing anything It's not quite simple, considering that the media will be in an uproar for 5 days. But it is most definitely not an impossible favor! thus, I approve of it! A promise is a promise"

The heresy inquisitor manages to convince the others to stay. Gong-ja and I beamed at each other. Step 1 acquire the favor. Step 2 calm the sword saint. Step 3 beat the 11th floor. Step 4 get them to stay put. Step 5 beat the demon king.

"As for myself, I have never agreed to such a promise." Oh yeah, sword saint. He was so quiet I forgot about him for a minute. he was leaning on a pillar a bit away. "there is only a single promise I've made. To watch over this young man for the next 5 days. I have no reason to listen to any other requests. If gong-ja is planning to clear floor 20 I will follow." 

Gong-ja looked at me. Nodding my head in approval he turned back to sword saint. "Yes, that's fine." Gong-ja at this point figured out what the plan is. But it's nice that he still looks for confirmation. Turning around I grabbed Gong-ja's hand dragging him out only letting go to use both hands to open the big doors ahead of us. 

"Whoa. All of the NPCs are frozen." The sword master walk behind us as I walked hand in hand with gong-ja. Why I don't know. I figured since I revealed myself there was no point in hiding my feelings from him. Even so, he hasn't said anything or shaken me off. 

"It's because the quest hasn't started yet," Gong-ja replied. He went on to explain the to the ghost the situation. Since I'm with him it shouldn't raise that many red flags the sword saint ho followed at a distance. "So here's the thing Mr. sword emperor. Hypothetically what do you think will happen if the demon king dies while in this state? Isn't that right (y/n)?"

"Yeah, What do you think would happen if we fuck up the boss monster before the quest starts? Here's the answer. The quest will never happen. No one can pick the demon king's reward if he doesn't exist." I laughed a little as I gave my response. 

The demon king using the tower's pop-ups tried to communicate and yell at us. Gong-ja used his map feature to find the demon king's location outside of the city. Here a vortex occurred and from it, an ink-like substance poured out. It bubbled and swished around forming an appearance just like his hologram version. 

Gong-ja Pulled his sword pointing it at the beast. He has this crazy look on him. " We will kill the demon king before the quest even starts. Then not a single hunter or citizen of the empire will die." I pulled my spear off my back prepared to fight and die. "As a kid, I never liked bad endings. Maybe I'm just that type of guy."

"Says the guy who continuously has tragic deaths." As I said this the ink slammed down on us. Gong-ja marked his hand every time we died. 

The first death his skill cards generated. 3 bronze 3 gold. "I've checked all the skills want me to read them to ya?" Swordmaster said looking away at us.

"Yea-"

"No need." They both looked at me. I quickly skimmed the cards looking for the skill needed. The hundred ghost summoning. "This one." 

"What is it?" Gong-ja moved his head to try and look but in return, the card flew away preventing him. The scowl on his made me laugh. 

"What so special for you to want him to pick this?" The sword master flew over in a laying position as he read it no emotions on his face. "It's the hundred ghost summoning. Basically for everyone who Gong-ja kills he's able to summon a monster but they don't retain their memories or skills. They are basically mindless meat shields."

"Yes, and those mindless meat shields will help us win." 

Gong-ja thought for a moment then grabbed the card. We were then thrown into the demon king's memories. How it came to be feared. Everything the ink devours it becomes. 

Every time we died we repeated the steps. Step 1 acquire the favor. Step 2 calm the sword saint. Step 3 beat the 11th floor. Step 4 get them to stay put. Step 5 beat the demon king. 

 The tally marks on Gong-jas left hand then went down to his wrists to his forearm to the point we started to tally mark on mine. 

The amount of we reminded we became masters on the 11th floor. Every time we did it fewer and fewer people died to the point not even 10 fell which excited the black witch. 

We started to memorize the demon king's attack pattern. It's starting to feel less like a boss fight and more like a training dummy for us to train with. The sword master gave us pointers and pointed out the ink's flaws in swordsmanship. 

But even so, we've been stuck. Just as the manhwa described it, this is a time prison. We haven't gone insane due to each other. The time in between everything gave us time to talk and reminisce about the past. I asked him about before he killed the sword emperor since that wasn't elaborated on in the story. He asked me what life was like without the tower. The ghost that follows us talked about the people he met and the trials he faced. 

The sword emperor was happy to know not only Gong-ja can see him but was furious that I hid it. The things he did to make me react. Gong-ja was embarrassed since he thought I saw him as a crazy person.

1051 words 

Feb 12 23