10. Accident

Jade pov:
So it's nine more day's 'till cotillion.
Evie's been showing me her last and final design for Harry's suit and I got to admit. It wasn't AK, at all.
Luckily for him.
"Harry and I are meeting up today. Last day we can work on the chemistry project. It's due tomorrow." I said and Evie waved before I left.

"I swear if I have to look at another book, I'm losing it..." Harry complained and I chuckled.
"Well, luckily for you, we just finished our five-page essay about this project." I said with a smile.
"Finally..."
"Come on, we've been studying all afternoon. Let's get some fresh air, okay?" I asked and Harry nodded.
"Oh my god. We've been studying 'till 3am!" I exclaimed as I looked at my phone.
"We what...?" Harry mumbled with half a grin.

Okay, Jade... You're gonna ask him out.
That's what I told myself... But things got messed up...
I don't remember it clearly but it wasn't any fun...

Harry pov:
We left the library and we walked through the streets of Auradon, clearing our minds.
Just tell her! I kept telling myself.
But something happened. It was bad and happened fast.
Jade was happy that we finished the project and was walking a mile ahead of me, smiling brightly.
I loved her smile...
Anyway, this car drove straight at her as she crossed the street.
I ran towards her and pulled her close to me, turning her away from the incoming car... feeling how the front of the car hit my legs/back as it hit me... hit us.

Jade pov:
Everything was spinning and I felt Harry's arms around me.
I saw blood on his face and looked at him.
"Harry...? Harry, wake up!" I sissed, getting out of his grip, seeing he was unconscious.
The driver of the car called 9-1-1 and an ambulance was already coming.
"Harry, please wake up..." I nearly begged until a paramedic pulled me away from him, checking if I had any injuries.
Besides a bruised wrist and a small cut on my forehead, I was fine.
But Harry, he had multiple broken ribs and he had so many wounds and bruises...
"Load him in the ambulance." one of the paramedics said and I looked at the lady who helped me.
"Can I come along? Please?"
She nodded and I held Harry's hand as we were both in the ambulance.
I promised myself to tell him how I felt about him, the very first moment he'd wake up...

Jay pov:
So Reza and I tried putting things from the past behind us as my phone rang. It was late and Carlos and I agreed in letting Reza stay in our dorm.
"Jade?" I said as I picked up.
"Jay, tell me that you're still with Reza. I need you, I need you both..."
"What happend?"
"I... It all happened so fast... I..."
I heared her sob softly and I looked at Reza.
"Get a car. We need to go to Jade." I sissed and he nodded.
"Jade, where are you?"
"The hospital." her broken voice said.
"We're on our way. Hang on..." I mumbled and she hung up.
I let Carlos sleep but scrabbled a quick note for him.
That poor guy needed his sleep.

Jade pov:
I was sitting in the waitingroom of the hospital, holding my head in my hands as I was being super worried about Harry.
Those doctors and nurses were still helping him...
"Jade!" a voice said and I looked up, seeing both Jay and Reza run to me.
"Jay? Reza? How did you two get here so fast? It's 3.22am?" I mumbled.
"A few cups of coffee, some energy drinks and some traffic violations." Reza said.
"We came as fast as we could. Are you okay?" Jay asked and I nodded.
"I am... Harry took the hardest hit, he protected me..." I said softly and Reza lifted my chin, looking at the stitched cut on my forehead.
"You're hurt." Jay stated.
"I'm fine. Harry's literally in surgery because he protected me by turning me away from the incoming car, pulling me close to him." I explained.
"Yet you're still wondering if he loves you the way you love him?" Reza mumbled.
"Miss? Your friend mr. Hook is out of surgery. He should wake up soon." a nurse said and Jay looked at me.
"So Harry practically risked his life for you?"
"...yes. I think so." I said and the nurse led me to the recoveryroom where Harry was lying.