15. A little bit of love

Jade pov:
After I got changed into my mom's dress, Evie did my make-up again and she handed me the orange rose so I could put it behind my ear.
"You look absolutely amazing!" Evie said and the two of us quickly returned to cotillion.

"Oh my gosh... your dress is amazing!" Mal said and I smiled.
"Thanks."
"You weren't lying when you said that your mom's dress was beautiful." Carlos said and Evie smiled.
"Just wait until Hook sees you like this." Uma said and I looked at her.
"Yea, he'll go nuts when he sees you wearing that." Gil said.
"Can we talk about someone else then Harry?" Jay complained and I looked at Uma.
"Where's Harry then?"
"Over there. He ain't in the brightest mood."
"Kinda our fault..." Evie said and she shared a grin with Uma.
I frowned for a moment before approaching Harry.

"Hi..." I said softly.
Harry looked up and his jaw dropped as he saw me.
"Damn..." he mumbled.
I chuckled briefly.
"That's one way to greet someone."
"Sorry, Hi. Damn..."
"You already said that." I said with a chuckle.
I looked at Harry and tilted my head a little.
"Did you get a haircut...?"
Harry grinned awkwardly.
"Yea... long story..."
"It's not exactly right."
"What so you mean-?"
Then I ruffled one hand through his hair.
"It was too neat. Now it's messy again like it
always is." I said and Harry chuckled.
"Okay, fair."
He looked at me and smiled.
"Nice rose."
"Thanks..."
"I can't believe you still have it."
"Still have it-? Wait a minute... You're the one who gave it to me." I said and Harry scratched the back of his neck.
"Maybe?"
I looked away for a moment.
Go on, tell him. Tell him how you feel!
I looked at Harry again and sighed.
"Look, I've been trying to tell you something. But everytime I either chicken out or someone interrupts us and I... I've been trying to ask you for cotillion, twice. I chickened out and I... I'm in love with you..." I said and Harry looked at me, stunned of what I just said.
"Say something...?" I mumbled hopefully and he cupped my face in his hands as he kissed me gently.
"How's that for a reaction?" he said softly as our faces were an inch apart.
Instead of saying something... I simply just smiled like an idiot.
Then I hugged Harry, pressing my face against his chest. What? He's like ten inches taller then me!
I felt Harry's arms wrap around me and hoe his head leaned on my shoulder.
"I've been denying it so badly when I first fell in love with you. Then I just tried to push the feeling away... I've lost so many people... I'm scared to lose the people I get close with." Harry said as we parted and I took his hand in mine.
"Don't worry. You're stuck with me."
Harry smiled as he kissed my cheek and he looked at me.
"I made you something... I eh..." he mumbled as he handed me a braided leather bracelet.
The three colours were dark red, bright orange and black.
"Harry, it's pretty."
"You think so? I was scared you'd say it was lame..."
"It's great! I love the colours."
"FINALLY YOU TWO GOT TOGETHER!" Uma, Mal and Carlos shouted at the same time.
I sae that Jay scoffed and Evie was smiling widely.
"How about we get out of here?" Harry asked and I chuckled.
"Cotillion has only been going on for half an hour. The AK group, Freddie and Ally would still preform." I said and Harry groaned.
"Please? I promise I'll make it up to you... Don't tell Evie but this suit is really uncomfortable."
I chuckled and kissed Harry.
"I promised Freddie to watch her performance. She said that she switched songs with Ally. So Ally is gonna sing Freddie's song and Freddie is gonna sing Ally's song."
"Ugh... Fine..."
"And Freddie might be the last kne ti preform..."
"Oh come on..."
"I promise I'll make it up to you." I said teasingly and I took Harry's hand.