chapter one

Alice pov

As I look at my son I feel tears flow down my cheeks. I slowly back out of the room afraid to even make the slightest noise. I'm a shadowhunter but I left so my child wouldn't have to live with the rumors and prejudice that would follow him if the truth about his father were to be reviled. But now I'm starting to regret it. I need help but have no one.
I'm an only child as were both of my parents who were both killed when I was 13. I had no one till I had my son but today I've found out that the cancer that I have. Has severely gotten worst. The doctors tell me there is nothing they can do. And because of that I'm afraid.
Not of death I mean what shadowhunter is. But if I die then who does my son have. If I were to keep him with me at home I could get worst and even die and no one would find either of us. If I hand him over to the clave they would find out that Jonathan Morgenstern was his father. Maybe they would decide to kill him and not risk themselves the trouble of not having to deal with another Morgenstern.
Wait a second. "Another morgenstern. Clarissa!" I've heard rumors about Jonathan's sister. From what I hear she's nothing like the rest of her family. And she is also strong. Both physical and in will she could protect baby Jonathan,my son. There is a plan forming in my head as I reach for the phone ready to call Rufus,a local warlock friend of mine.
"Pick up the phone." It keeps ringing and I swear if he doesn't pick up I will go to his house and punch him in his stupid face.
"Hello Alice."
" I have a crazy idea that I need your help to fulfill." I explain this insane plan of mine. And he almost gets me to back out. Key word almost. But after very much begging and very many threats to go punch him he agrees. That tomorrow morning we will portal to New York. But to make sure Clarissa will take care of Jonathan we will leave him on the porch if she takes him we will knew he is safe. If not I will swoop in and all three of us will return to Canada. And find a better plan.
I prepare everything as Rufus hangs up so I can spend the rest of the day with jon. I'm hoping for the best. And know that if this plan success Jon will be safe but my heart is breaking with each passing second. I prepared ever thing from the basket I will place Jon in with his white bear I got him the day he was born. To the note I wrote explaining everything to Clarissa. As I finish I hear the quite cooing sound alerting me that Jon is awake.
I wake into his room. Grab him out of his black cradle and sit in the brown rocking chair next to it. I gently rock him back and forth.
"I hope you will remember me if she takes you tomorrow. I hope you will turn into the great man I know you can be despite the blood that runs in your veins. And I'm sorry I have to leave you but I hope you know that If it were up to me I would stay forever with you my sweet little boy. I hope you know that I will always be with you and that I love you."
The night continues the same as any other night but the feelings of hope and loss battle inside me as strong as if an angel and demon where fighting inside me.