chapter 8

Clary's pov
I'm carried up a flight of stairs then I'm hit with the sweet scent of flowers and plants. We walk a little bit more till I'm put down and turned to face my capture who just so happens to be jace. I take one look at him then sprint towards the door. Half way there I'm caught around my waist and pull against Jace's chest.
          "Really after being away from this for so long you try to run away with out even talking to me about why." He whispers in my ear and I shiver.
      "I'm sorry. It's just that after being away from everyone after so long it just ... just..it scares me to be here after so long." I whisper back to him.
   "What do you mean your scared?" He ask turning me to look at him. I try to get away from him but he just pulls me closet to him "Tell me."
     "I have sebastian's son in a institute. And then all of you are looking at him like at any second he's going to jump up and  kill you all. I haven't been here and so long and the last time I saw you I left you and it hurt so much to just leave you without explaining why I had to leave and I'm sorry." I have tears in my eyes and then jace kiss me and  my world explodes into brilliant colors.
    I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls my legs around his waist. Our grip on one another continues to tighten till we can't  get closer. Our faces are wet from my tears and I keep muttering sorry against his lips. We pull away from one another and just lay our foreheads against each other.
   "I hope you know I'm not going to let you ever leave me again." Jace whispers to me.
I know I should be happy but somethings not right I feel eyes  on my back. I jump out of jaces arms I look around. I think I may have seen a figure...no...but.
  Sweat startes to build on my hands. What if? I hear jace calling me as I start to run downstairs. I out run him to the kitchen and rush throught the doors. It can't  be oh my glob but what if it is?!?
"Magnus.."I yell out just as I notice he is not alone in the kitchen. "Uh um  when can we leave?"I blurt out before thinking.
"I'm afraid you can't leave till you speak with the clave." Robert says quick and quietly almost like he is afraid of what  my reaction will be. Any other day I would argue  but right now I'm to scared and tired..
"Ok well i'm go sleep. Magnus I need to talk to you later but don't  wake me." I say quickly walking to the room. I lay down and just look at the ceiling till I get bored out of my head and fall asleep.