Adam Banks [1]

You had been working in a local restaurant for the best part of 6 months, you and your family had always struggled with money but ever since the price of your flat sky-rocketed you had been working

Luckily you had been getting visits from your best friend, Charlie Conway, and your boyfriend, Adam Banks. You had met the pair of them when you used to play hockey for a small team called the Ducks, the team ended up going all the way and winning the league. Sadly you had quit before you had gotten the chance to play for Team USA with the rest of the Ducks.

After all of that you were definitely shocked to get handed a letter by one of your colleagues from the one and only, Charlie Conway.

You quietly read the letter to yourself, "Dear Y/N, we are in need of some assistance in the finals against Iceland, me and Coach have thought that some help from our star player would be necessary. Call me when you get this! - your favourite person, Charlie."

You grinned and ran towards the phone behind the tills, Quickly you dialled in the number written at the bottom of the letter. It rang for a few seconds before Charlie's eager voice came from the other end of the line.

"Y/N! Have you agreed?" He practically yelled down the phone.

"I don't know Charlie, you know I can't afford to go all the way to California," you mumbled back.

"Don't worry about that! Me and Coach have managed to talk to the Ref and the heads of the championship, and they have agreed to fly down an extra player for our team, which is you! So... what do you say?"

"Well does Adam know?" You asked.

"No! It will be a surprise!" He cheered.

"Okay then, I'll do it!" You grinned.

You had managed to convince your parents and they were quite enthusiastic to say the least. Today was the day you were going to see your old team and to say you were extremely nervous was an understatement. Charlie had agreed to meet you at the airport, so when you got off you were ecstatic to see your best friend, he had a taxi waiting outside for the pair of you, which drove you all the way to the dorms for the players.

"Y/N L/N is back baby!" You cheered while walking into the changing rooms of Team USA, immediately Adam and Coach Bombay turned towards you, smiles plastered on their faces. You squealed as Adam picked you up and spun you in the air.

"Jeez Banks let us all have some Y/N love!" Goldberg piped up with a smirk, which was quickly wiped off his face when Adam sent him a deathly glare and then placed a kiss on your lips.

Once Adam put you down Connie ran over to you and engulfed you in a hug, "oh my god Y/N! I never thought I would see you until I came home!"

"Connie! I missed you so much!" You beamed, hugging the girl back.

While you were reuniting with your old friends from the Ducks, Coach Bombay noticed the confused looks on the faces of the new Team USA members.

"Oh guys! This is our secret weapon against Iceland, Y/N L/N!" He smiled.