3. Runaway

"Good morning," Natasha mumbled as she walked into the kitchen to find Laura already sitting at the table with a mug of coffee in her hands.

Laura glanced up from her coffee and smiled at the redhead. "Hey, Nat... You're up earlier than usual," she mentioned as she gazed at the time.

"Yeah, I know," Natasha agreed, sliding into the chair at the table beside the brunette woman. "I guess I couldn't really sleep so I thought that I would get up instead," she explained briefly.

"That makes sense," Laura said as she nodded in understanding, she knew well enough now that the redhead always had trouble sleeping. "Is Amelia still asleep?" she asked.

"As far as I'm aware, I checked in on her last night before I went to bed and was completely out of it," Natasha told her brunette friend.

"At least she is getting some sleep then," Laura said as she smiled and stood up to move over to the kitchen counter. "Do you want some coffee? It's a fresh pot," she offered.

"Sure! I think that I will need it today if anything," Natasha eagerly agreed to the hot beverage she was offered.

Laura chuckled lightly and poured her friend a cup of coffee. "You're doing the best that you can Nat, so stop giving yourself such a hard time," she told her as she moved back over to the table and handed Natasha a mug of steaming black coffee just how she liked it.

Natasha took a small sip and hummed in delight at the taste of caffeine, "You know I can't help but feel like maybe I should have just agreed to let Fury place Amelia in an orphanage," she admitted as she paused briefly before she continued. "I mean, she really hates me, Laur," she mumbled.

Laura furrowed her eyebrow and pursed her lips slightly. "I'm going to pretend that I didn't just hear you say that," she said before she shook her head and looked at the redhead. "Look Nat, the best place for that little girl to be is here with you. It's like Clint said, she will come around to the idea of it," she reassured the women.

Natasha exhaled a sigh as she stared down at the mug in her hands. "I hope that you're right Laur," she mumbled.

"Morning!" Clint greeted the two women with a wide smile. 

"Hey, honey," Laura said as she smiled warmly at her husband.

"Morning, Clint," Natasha said as she waved slightly before she took another drink of her coffee.

"None of the kids awake yet?" Clint questioned shocked.

"No, surprisingly they're all still asleep," Laura said as she laughed slightly.

"Wow, what a rare opportunity," Clint remarked as he walked over to the coffee machine and poured himself a cup. "What's your plans for today?" he asked.

"Not a lot," Natasha said as she shrugged her shoulders slightly.

"We might need to run into town at some point. Amelia needs her own clothes," Laura said as she looked at Natasha who nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, that would be a good idea," Natasha said.

"Hey Nat, maybe you could show Amelia the animals?" Clint suggested as he walked over to the table and took a seat.

"That sounds like a good idea," Laura said at her husband's idea.

"You think she will like that?" Natasha asked wearily.

"Yeah. What kid doesn't like animals," Clint said.

Natasha thought about it and nodded slightly. "Maybe she will like that, she didn't really know what a farm was when I told her though," she told them.