[3]

"come on! it's just one night anna!" raven begged.

i sighed. i didn't want to go to the party. i never liked parties ever since i got drunk and- well it was embarrassing and i would never speak of it.

i jumped when she snatched my arm- thank god it was covered- and exclaimed,"it'll be fun! just live a little! one party won't hurt right?"

i frowned. "okay, fine. but i'll wear what i want."

"yes! now get ready, the party's in one hour." she hugged me and ran into her room.

i changed into a black sequin sweater and shiny black tights and black pumps. that was the most fancy thing i could wear to a party. i put on mascara and lipstick and let down my hair. for the last touch, i put on my gloves. there, i was ready to go.

raven had a car so she drove us to the club where the party was held. she rose an eyebrow at my outfit but didn't say anything. unlike me, she was clad in a pretty red dress that rode up her thighs and was low cut at the front.

i always envied her. she had long wavy blond hair, a slim body with perfect curves and a gorgeous face. she was the kind of girl that men would drop down on their knees for willingly.

as for me, i was always the invisible one, never noticed. i was contented with that.

raven always saw me in clothes that covered my skin but never questioned it. i liked that most about her, that she was outspoken and fun but never judgemental and prying.

we reached in ten minutes and got out. the party was already in full swing, people dancing and drinking and snogging.

i headed straight to the bar and ordered a bloody mary. i could already see raven on the dance floor, mixing with the sweaty bodies.

i drank from my glass, the alcohol and the loud music pumping into my veins. soon, i already had six glasses.

before i knew it, i joined the floor too. the alcohol spoke for me, making me move to the beat, dancing along. it was hot and sweaty, my clothing rubbing against people's exposed skin.

a voice whispered huskily behind me. "dance with me." i turned around to face him but my vision was blurred by the intoxication and i only saw a quiff. that was all.

so i did. his body pressed against mine as we moved in sync, his hands running all over my body.

i was enjoying myself, laughing and running my gloved fingers against his hair and chest.

"you're so sexy," he whispered, "take them off." he held my leather gloves, slowly beginning to slip them off...

"no!" i stumbled back but it was too late, he had already taken off one of my gloves. i glared at him and pushed a finger at his chest.

"give it back!" i pouted, trying to snatch it but he held it out of my reach.

just then, somebody shouted "there she is!"

the voice sounded vaguely familiar so i turned around.

it was him again. the leader who sent his men to get me the other day. and he was with more men this time.

uh-oh.

the men were coming towards me, pushing their way through the crowd. this made me sober up and without sparing the quiff guy a glance, i searched the room for the nearest exit. the backdoor.

i made a run for it, knocking over glasses of drinks and stamping on people's feet.

i was finally out and let out a breath of relief. it was too soon.

the backdoor was surrounded by men, all carrying sharp blades.