Chapter 2

A/N: Art belongs to Zombu7

_____________________________

"Professor Lupin?"

Cedric stared at his old DADA professor when he was in his 5th year, he couldn't believe it. How was he able to find them and get past the wards without them noticing? He glanced at the man he stunned and did a double-take to see it was the Azkaban prisoner Sirius Black and his husband's godfather. He caught movement at the corner of his eye and instantly raised his want to Professor Lupin who raised his hands.

"How did you find us?! What the hell are you doing here?!" He hissed in anger, glaring at the man who stood his stance as a Gryffindor would. 

"Mr. Diggory, I would prefer if you kept your wand down and let me wake up Sirius over here." Lupin spoke, sounding calm as always, Cedric lowered his wand a little and said, "Fine but I need an explanation fast." Lupin nodded his head, he took out his wand and woke Black up who shot up and looked around for a bit before his eyes landed on him.

"You! Where the hell is my godson?!" Black got up and pointed at him with his own wand, Cedric stiffened and stepped back into a dueling position, Lupin sighed and proceeded to smack Black behind his head and said, "Sirius, calm down and don't fight him. He needs an explanation." 

"I am not explaining anything to him! He stole Prongslet!" Cedric gave Sirius a glare, he did not steal Harry and he wasn't an object! In fact, Harry stole him and he was fine with that.

"Sirius! Lower your wand." Lupin snapped at the Azkaban prisoner who huffed when a soft voice spoke, "Padfoot? Moony?" 

Cedric turned around to see Harry standing at the stair case, Edward in his arms who was staring at the two men with confusion and wonder. The Hufflepuff heard gasps from behind him and sighed, guess he needed to explain too.

_____________________________

Black and Lupin at one side while he and his husband and son sat at the other side, a coffee table with three cups of still warm tea was in between them.

The silence was awkward...

Lupin cleared his throat and spoke, "I suppose Sirius and I should start." Black nodded his head, "Harry, we found out you were gone when I was suppose to pick you up. Moony smelled your clone and knew it wasn't you, I told Sirius and Snape found us talking about it, at first we thought he kidnapped you and brought you to the Dark Lord until he revealed that Mr. Diggory also left. Sirius and I wanted to tell Dumbledore but we had a feeling it wasn't going to end well, so Sirius went through the Black's library and used a dark- er, I mean a tracking spell to find you with a bit of your hair and Mr. Diggory from your clones. We found you and decided to leave Britain just so we could make sure you were safe." Lupin explained and elbowed Black who winced and explained, "We haven't been the best godfathers, Prongslet. We weren't there when you needed us and the fact you left without telling us or leaving a note, we knew we failed you and your parents." 

Cedric stared at them for awhile before he looked at his husband who had a sad yet happy look on his face, Edward was in his arms, seated on his lap and babbled. Cedric smiled, his son always made him feel calm and relaxed.

"Padfoot, Moony...I was afraid you would have told Dumbledore because he wanted to use me as a weapon, a lamb for slaughter and learning that you didn't, I'm glad that you two are there for me, I really am." Harry told them and gave his godfathers a bright smile on his face, Lupin and Black beamed back and looked so relieved too. Cedric was also glad that they stuck with their godson instead of the old goat.

"The reason why me and Cedric left was because we were afraid, we were afraid I might die and our son would lose both parents before he could have a life like I did. We wanted to be free and just not deal with a war between Voldemort and Dumbledore. They shouldn't place a burden on a child in the first place instead of just facing it themselves." Harry explained, the look of horror appeared on both older men's face, making Cedric feel angry at the reminder.

He didn't want that for Edward or for him and Harry. 

He was glad they left before anything got worse.

Lupin spoke, looking grim and disgusted, "Harry, we'll make sure Dumbledore won't get you and expose him. You're only 15." Harry gave a shaky smile which left as Edward babbled and shifted in his lap, Black eyed his son before asking, "How far is he?" 

"A few months, 3 months to be exact." Cedric told them and Black's hands seemed to be twitching, Harry noticed and gave a small laugh. 

"Edward's curios and I think he wants you to hold him." It was true, Edward began to shift and reach out to Black, babbling along the way. Black gave his godson a happy look before he got up and approach, he knelt down next to Harry and carefully took Edward into his arms, the small baby squealed in delight and began to tug on Black's hair, the man chuckled and Cedric could see tears in his eyes forming.

"You know, when you were  around this stage, you were also happy to meet new people. You were a happy baby when I first met you." Harry let out a little sob and Cedric wrapped his arm around his husband's waist who leaned closer to him, Lupin approached too and said, "A happy and quiet baby to in fact. You rarely cried at all." Harry gave out a small watery laugh and so did Cedric.

"I guess Edward got that from you, huh?" Cedric teasingly asked and gave a kiss to Harry's hair, "You were a quiet baby too, you said it yourself, silly." Harry reminded him, Cedric snorted and watched as Edward enjoyed being around his new family.

_____________________________

The sudden appearance of Remus and Sirius caught the American Minister of Magic's attention and also allowed them to be under their protection after convincing her that they wouldn't go and tell Dumbledore. It seems the Americans didn't  like him very much so.

Sirius and Remus joining their family also meant that they lived with them, at first Remus wanted to find a house but he later failed to stand his own ground after being under Edward's and Harry's puppy eyes, he couldn't resist his cubs after all. They moved out of the cottage and into a bigger house which was close to a mansion after Sirius moved his Gringotts vaults to Gringotts American branch like Harry and Cedric did. Sirius had a feeling their family was going to get bigger and Harry did too, Cedric couldn't deny his husband's feelings because they were very much right all the time, Remus too with Sirius.

Edward was happy as ever when Sirius and Remus came along, his grandfathers, titles that made both men cry, made his day as he always played with both of them around the house and sometimes outside. 

With Remus's werewolf situation, Remus found help from the Werewolves like him in America as the laws weren't stricter there and were protected too. Remus usually left whenever it was a full moon with Sirius to go running like they did back as Hogwarts students. 

It was a new development, a good one for them and Harry was happy to see that his godfathers were going to be with them all the way.