Volume 1 - Chapter 5: Delegations and Negotiations Part 1

A/N: from now on, i decided to merge the two calendars together

----

13 September 1609, 9:30 AM
Orissa, Marinse

Liamm, a Marinsean diplomat, Hardlen, a Marinsean general and 2 more Marinsean diplomats were waiting at the docks with their guards. They were waiting for a Chirunan ship which will take them to their country. The diplomats were quite nervous as its their first time visiting a transferred nation.

Liamm decided to break the silence and asked Hardlen. "I wonder what kind of ships they will make us travel in."

Hardlen replies, "From the rumors I heard, they have pretty advanced ships, so the trip won't be that bad".

"I'll trust you on that one", said Liamm.

The Port of Orissa has a natural barrier which were small islands surrounding the port, making it hard to capture. While the Marinseans were chatting, a strange vessel entered their view. It was made of steel and had a sleek design. It's size were larger than the ships in the port.

"Hey, do you see that ship over there?", asked Liamm.

"What a strange looking ship... Wait, those must be the Chirunans!", said Hardlen.

"Hold on, do you see those two small boats from the ship coming at us? It's pretty fast...", said Liamm.

"Yeah, I do see them. Maybe those boats will take us to their ship?"

A few moments later, the boats arrived with men in fine clothing and soldiers in it.

"Hello, my name is Aelkand Jarrdison, a diplomat from Chiruna. Please, get on this boat so we can take you to our ship back there", said Aelkand.

The two diplomats and their soldiers escorting them went on the small boats, which the Chirunans called a "Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat" or RHIB for short.

"These... Ar-Esh-Ai-Bee... How does it work? Does it use magic?", asked Hardlen.

"Oh, no it doesn't. It uses a machine called engine which is completely scientific", replied Aelkand.

Fascinating is what could be said to that statement. A few moments later, the RHIBs reached its mother ship. On the ship was Admiral Arklan Larnsson and his crew.

"Welcome, gentlemen, to the CNS Icebjorg! This ship will be taking you to our nation. The journey will take around 4 hours. Our crew onboard might answer any questions you have. Unfortunately, we can't explain our technology in detail due to the Limited Outflow of Information Act made recently which prohibits us to send modern weapons or reveal detailed information on modern weapons. Other than that, enjoy the ride!", said Arklan to the Marinseans.

"Well, I guess that's understandable. Thank you for welcoming us", said Hardlen.

While they were on the ship, Hardlen did ask a few things about Chiruna.

"So I was wondering. Does your nation use magic?", asked Hardlen to Arklan.

"Magic? You mean the stuff in fantasy stories? No, we don't. We're a magicless nation but we are advanced scientifically", replied Arklan.

"Then how does this ship work?"

"Well, I can't tell in detail, but this ship generates energy using a large engine. If you want, I can show you the room where the engine is stored"

"Sure, take me there", said Hardlen.

Arklan showed Hardlen the way to the engine room and when they arrived, Hardlen was speechless.

"...This is the engine?", said Hardlen.

"Yes, this is it. I'm not quite sure how it works, you'll have to ask the people who made this to know how it works, though I doubt they'll answer in detail due to the new act I said earlier", answered Arklan.

"This is interesting..."

The tour went for a while. Hardlen was shown the command room, the cannon of the ship, which confused him as the ship only had one, and more.

----

Port Parfeski, Parfeski, Chiruna
1:45 PM

When they arrived, Hardlen and Liamm could see a huge harbour with strange towers with a rope on one end.

"Woah... It's beautiful...", said Hardlen

"Isn't it?", said Arklan who came up behind them.

"What are those...", Hardlen points at a crane, "things?"

"Oh, those are cranes. We use it to lift heavy load from or to a ship. Pretty convenient I would say", said Arklan.

"Hmm, indeed..."

"Oh, and we're reaching the docking spot. I hoped you had a good ride on this ship", said Arklan.

When the ship docked at the harbour, the Marinseans touched Chirunan land for the first time.

"So, the schedule is like this. At 2:00 PM, you'll check in at one of our 5 star hotelsm After that, between 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM, you'll go on a tour around Parfest. Then on 5:00 PM, you'll visit the National Museum of Parfeski which will last until 6:45 PM. Then at 7:00 PM, you'll have dinner at the hotel and after 8:30 PM, you'll go to your room. Here, wristwatches to track time. For tomorrow schedule, we will tell it tonight", said Aekland. The schedule were planned carefully which fascinates the Marinseans.

After being told the schedule, the Marinseans went to the 5 star hotel to check in. While they were waiting to check in, they noticed a large amount of people in the lobby.

Liamm asked a nearby Chirunan guard who was escorting them, "Why are there so many people here? Did something happen?".

The guard replied, "Well, yeah. After the transfer event, there were a lot of tourists unable to go back to their home country due to, well... their nation is gone."

"Ah, so these tourists here are trying to seek a room for they to stay in for a while, right?"

"Yep, that's correct."

After getting checked in to their rooms and getting some explanation about appliances in the room such as televisions, fridges and stoves, they could finally have a bit of rest.

Hardlen spoke to Liamm, "These Chirunans really are something, eh? They have stuff like this "air conditioner" that cools the room without using magic gems and a "television" that produces images. We have to make sure to not underestimate them."

"I agree. We haven't seen their military yet, who knows how powerful they are?"

Then, a knocking on the door followed by a voice was heard, "Mr. Liamm and Mr. Hardlen, its time for us to go on a tour around Parfest".

"Well, we gotta get going. We've only seen this hotel so let's see the capabilities of this nation", said Hardlen.

The rest of the tour went smoothly, the museum was nice and the dinner was superb.

For tomorrow, it's finally their time to meet the leader of Chiruna.

----

A/N: sorry that i keep splitting these chapters into parts. i did make the chapter longer due to a suggestion from someone. hope you enjoyed it! as always, if you can, please provide criticism so i can improve.