Volume 1 - Chapter 7: Decision

17 September 1609, 9:00 AM
Kalbinghús, Parfeski

The parliament is yet again in another meeting. Since their transfer to this world, they have made meetings after meetings to discuss everything new and anything they knew about the world.

"We shall now start this meeting. Our current topic will be yet again about the current situation with the Romadians", said Haki.

"Your excellency, I have something to say regarding our attempt to establish diplomatic relations with the Romadians", said the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Frisja Orlansson.

"Go ahead, tell us about it.

"2 days ago, we sent a diplomatic envoy to the Romadians. Unfortunately, after introducing our nation and stating our relations with the Marinseans, they forced us out of the port. They also threatened to shoot our envoys if we didn't leave."

"My goodness. It really shows how hostile this world is... Does anyone have an opinion on this?", asked Haki.

"I do, your excellency", said the Minister of Defence.

"Go ahead and speak, minister Axel."

"I'm sorry for bringing up this topic, but we should send some forces to the Marinseans. We should help them defend their lands from the Romadians and if possible, put an end to the Romadian's regime. The attempt to make relations with them will be our excuse on to send forces to Marinse."

Many in the parliament had different opinions regarding the topic of sending forces to Marinse.

"I'm not sure about this. I support this decision but who knows if the people will accept it or not?", said a man within the parliament.

"We should probably hold a referendum to see if our people wants us to send forces to Marinse."

Many supported the idea but is worried about the public's opinion towards them sending forces overseas.

"Interesting... I think we should follow one of the MP's idea, which is to do a referendum. Does everyone agree?", asked Haki.

A majority of the parliament agreed to the suggestion and thus, a referendum was hold later that day.

----

Chiruna Broadcasting Network

"Good morning to the people of Chiruna. My name is Karl Bjornsson and this is the Morning News", the news reporter introduced himself.

"Our first topic is about our relations with the Romadians. The goverment just announced the result of their attempt to establish diplomatic relations with them."

Then, the footage of the standoff between the Chirunan envoys and the Romadians is shown.

"Unfortunately for us, the Romadians has denied our request to establish diplomatic relations with them. They did so because of our relations with the Marinseans, calling them 'dirty demihumans'".

"The second topic on this morning is the upcoming referendum that is being held by the government. The referendum is about approval of sending forces to Marinse for defence of that nation."

The footage shown is then changed to a clip of Chirunan soldiers training.

"That's it for this morning. We hope to see you again this noon." The news ended.

At the end of the day, the results of the referendum is as shown below;

87% of the people approved sending Chirunan forces to Marinse.

13% of the people didn't approved it.

And so, the Armed Forces formed the Chirunan Expeditionary Forces, which was the first time since the Nordian-Chirunan war that the nation has involved itself in conflicts, excluding the Chirunan Civil War.

----

Chirunan Embassy, Orissa, Kingdom of Marinse
18 September 1609, 10:00 AM

In the newly built Chirunan Embassy in Orissa, the Chirunan ambassador to Marinse,  Javí Karlsson, is waiting for someone. He's waiting for a Marinsean diplomat.

As he waited for a few minutes, a knock was heard on the door.

"Come in."

Then the door opened, revealing an man with pointy ears. He was Liamm, the Marinsean diplomat Javí called.

"Hello, mister Javí. Why did you call me here?", asked Liamm.

"Oh, I have some news for you. Good news if you will."

"What is it?"

"Regarding the matter of sending our troops to your nation to help you defend your nation, our nation just held a referendum and the results are that 87% of our people agreed to the idea."

Liamm was shocked and excited. He couldn't believe that their nation is finally safe from the Romadians.

"That's good to hear. How many troops will you be sending?", asked Liamm. He was worried that they would be sending too little amount of troops.

"We will be sending our newly formed Chirunan Expeditionary Forces. Here's the list of the amount of troops and equipment we will be sending", said Javí as handed a paper with the list to Liamm.

The list was as follows

• 1 regiment* of mechanized infantry, armoured and artillery combined from the Army, which contains 15 MBTs, 20 IFVs, 30 APCs, 15 artilleries (10 towed, 5 self-propelled), 5 transport helicopters and 3 scout helicopters.

• 12 multirole fighters, 4 light attack aircrafts, 1 utility aircraft, 1 transport aircraft and 1 AWACS from the Air Force.

• 4 corvettes and 6 light corvettes from the Navy.

• Officers sent will be Colonel Jarden Sarbsson from the Army, Lieutenant Colonel Felix Denīelsson and Rear Admiral Filippus Kristiansson.

*1 Chirunan regiment = 2,500 men.

Liamm wasn't sure what most of the equipment was, but he thought it was a bit smaller than he expected. But then he realized that quality is better than quantity, sometimes.

"I see... I'm not sure what most of the equipment is but thank you for sending your forces to help us. We deeply appreciate it."

"No worries. It's just what allies do."

After that, Liamm would relay the Chirunan's message about sending their forces to the higher ups in the goverment, which made them relieved and excited.

The Chirunan Expeditionary Force would start coming to Marinse on the next day and would be finished in a week.

They will protect their new ally at all costs.

----

A/N: thank you for reading today's chapter! hopefully you liked it. i'll see you on the next chapter. also, do note that i often make minor changes within the chapters such as typo corrections, grammar corrections, so please do read some chapters again so you're not confused.