다섯째

"Are you going to that party this weekend?" Seonghwa asked, his lips wrapped around a joint that was dangerously close to falling out his mouth as he spoke.

"Which one?" Hongjoong plucked the joint from Seonghwa and took a hit.

Seonghwa tossed the notebook in his lap onto the floor - it had already been long forgotten - and slumped down further against his pillows.

They had been fruitlessly trying to get their homework done but both had lost interest.

Seonghwa was more interested in his Nintendo Switch and the joint they were sharing, while Hongjoong was more interested in watching Seonghwa.

Hongjoong couldn't keep his eyes off of him.

Seonghwa was too caught up in his game to notice the way that Hongjoong stared at him, his gaze often drifting to his lips anytime he worried them with his teeth, puckered them in concentration, or wrapped them around the joint whenever he took a hit.

Seonghwa's lips were incredibly distracting.

"The party that beta-something-something is throwing for winter break," Seonghwa said.

Even though he had forgotten the name of the frat, Hongjoong knew exactly which one he was talking about.

They were one of the largest frats on campus and threw parties for any occasion possible.

"Don't know, maybe," Hongjoong replied.

"You should go," Seonghwa suggested without sparing a glance away from his game.

"Yeah? Are you going to be there?"

With the musical indication that he had lost, Seonghwa shut his Switch off and rolled over onto his stomach.

Hongjoong handed him the joint and Seonghwa took it from him with a sly smile.

He didn't know when they had gotten so comfortable with each other that they could lazily lie in bed together like this, close but not close enough.

Hongjoong figured it must have happened somewhere in between figuring out the perfect way to slot their lips together and discovering that Seonghwa liked to bite whenever he felt like being a tease.

Which, granted, was often enough that Hongjoong figured being a tease was just a part of Seonghwa.

"Maybe," Seonghwa drawled, "Don't know yet."

Hongjoong furrowed his eyebrows, "Why would you insist I go if you're not going to?"

Seonghwa took a hit off the joint and seemed to consider the question for a moment, even if only for show.

Hongjoong resisted the urge to roll his eyes, he instead chose to study the way Seonghwa scrunched his nose and knit his eyebrows together in false concentration.

"Give me a good reason to go," Seonghwa said instead of answering Hongjoong's question.

Hongjoong huffed.