열둘째

[I really love this chapter and I'm so excited for you all to read it! As always, comments are encouraged 💕]

__

"So."

Hongjoong glanced up from his textbook to look at the person that had plopped themselves into the chair across from where he sat in the library.

Seonghwa grinned at him from the other side of the table, his chin propped up on the palm of his hand.

"So," Hongjoong parroted.

Seonghwa's grin widened, "Me and Yunho are going to go see a movie this weekend."

"But I thought Yunho was going to the movies with Mingi this weekend," Hongjoong said, vaguely remembering that Mingi had mentioned it in passing earlier that week.

"I know, but Yunho forgot he already made plans with me to go see the same movie and he doesn't want to ditch either one of us so all three of us are going to go," Seonghwa explained, his voice was hushed despite the fact that the second floor of the library where they sat was mostly empty.

The large windows to their right let in the dying light as the sun set and cast the library into an orange glow.

Hongjoong leaned back in his chair and clicked his pen before he set it down next to the notebook that was open next to his textbook.

"So why should I be concerned about this? Sounds like the issues been resolved."

"Because," Seonghwa drew out the word playfully, "I don't want to be a third wheel, you know?"

"And you're telling me because..." Hongjoong trailed off even though he had a sneaking suspicion about what Seonghwa was trying to get at.

"Come with us," Seonghwa said as opposed to asking.

Hongjoong raised an eyebrow, "What? So I can third wheel with you?"

"Exactly."

The grin that stretched across Seonghwa's face was playful but hopeful.

Even though he tried to come off as lighthearted and flippant, it was obvious to Hongjoong how serious Seonghwa actually was by the way he bit his lower lip while anticipating Hongjoong's answer.

"Come on, you can't let me suffer alone," Seonghwa nearly whined.

"Why should I suffer with you?" Hongjoong asked although he knew that no matter what Seonghwa said he would go anyways.

It was hard to say no to Seonghwa.

"I'll pay for the popcorn and whatever candy you want."

"You drive a hard bargain," Hongjoong smiled, "Count me in to join you as a third wheel."

__

The weekend came quickly with a blur of passing days.

Before he knew it, Hongjoong was sat between Mingi and Seonghwa in a dark theatre on Saturday night while a poorly written horror film played on the big screen.