열여섯째

Hongjoong stood outside Jongho's dorm, hand raised but hesitant to knock.

Above him the pipes groaned and the floorboards creaked as he stood on uneasy feet.

How did he even know if Jongho was back yet?

Hongjoong hadn't been gone that long, Jongho could still be out.

He didn't even know what he was going to say.

What could he say?

He pretty much made an ass of himself and hadn't even fully processed what happened with Seonghwa yet.

He turned on his heel, having decided that it would be best if he just left.

He wasn't ready to go back to his own dorm yet, and he was unsure as to where he was going to go, but he'd figure it out on the way there.

The library was still open, maybe he could hole up there until they closed and he was forced to leave?

Hongjoong was a few steps away from the dingy elevator when a small bell chimed, the two doors pulled apart and Jongho nearly walked right into Hongjoong.

Jongho stepped just outside the elevator, surprise written all over his face.

"Oh, Hongjoong-hyung," he raised his eyebrows, "What're you doing here?"

At a complete loss for words and what to say, Hongjoong stumbled over the first thing that came to mind.

"You were right."

Jongho's face scrunched up with confusion, "Huh?"

Hongjoong swallowed the lump in his throat.

Saying it the first time was hard enough.

Repeating it cemented the fact that what happened had been real.

"You were right," Hongjoong repeated, laid his pride down right in front of Jongho.

Realization dawned on the other's face, "Do you want some tea?"

He took a couple steps forward in the direction of his dorm, with his hand pointing over his shoulder in that direction, but his focus remained on Hongjoong.

With a small nod Hongjoong fell into step behind Jongho.

__

Jongho handed a cup of black coffee to Hongjoong.

He'd spent ten minutes pilfering around in his cabinets, fruitlessly looking for his tea bags before he suggested he make coffee instead.

Hongjoong had only given him a wordless nod in response so the two spent the next few minutes in silence while the coffee brewed.

"You don't want sugar or anything?" Jongho asked as he sat down on the opposite end of the couch, yet it was so small that the two of them took up all the space and left little in between.