Chapter-48

TW: Towards the end of the chapter there are some depressive thoughts. If anyone is triggered by this, please be careful!
To anyone who is uncomfortable with such themes, please look out for the ***** sign. I've put it before that part of the chapter begins. :)
________________________________________________________________________________

"I had a dream
I got everything I wanted
But when I wake up, I see
You with me
And you say
"As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you"
Don't wanna lie here, but you can learn to
If I could change the way that you see yourself
You wouldn't wonder why here
They don't deserve you"

-Billie Eilish, Everything I Wanted
________________________________________________________________________________

Elijah

It was nighttime now, a couple hours after the procedure had been done. And in the storm that was going on all around him, the only relief he had was that he didn't need to go through that again for three days.

As for the slight problem at hand, also known as his angrier than a bull-in-front-of-a-red-flag boyfriend, he wasn't sure what to do.

It had taken alot of convincing for his parents to not come over tonight. The last thing he wanted was for them to find out about him and Dean (or just the fact that he was gay) in that way.

Their friends had come by around seven- except Kaeden, who was still not back- all of them frantic-looking and disheveled, having already seen the picture all over social media.

Elijah hadn't really realized the full extent of the scale of drama him and Dean dating could possibly cause.

Though now that he thought about it, even though it wouldn't mean much ordinarily- except for those homophobic people who couldn't mind their own business- Dean had told him the cooperate world, from what he had seen so far, was still being run by the older generation with their rigid, stupid ideologies. So the son of one of the biggest company's owners coming out... it would be hell.

And it was.

About seven reporters had already tried reaching Dean on his personal cell, and alot more on his parents' cells which were currently being handled by their secretaries. Chris had simply switched off his phone, claiming he would probably lose it and take out his anger on their grandparents who were continously trying to reach them, making matters worse.

For now, Dean's parents had told him to stay at the hospital. Elijah had been a bit confused, but hesitant to ask Dean questions in the mood he was in. Chris had noticed, explaining that it was because the paps that gave these newspapers and websites their information were probably already swarming outside the house.

He was currently sitting on the bed, his back leaning against the head of the bed with pillows supporting him. Dean was pacing by the window, occasionally rubbing a tired hand over his forehead or eyes.

The rest of them, Nate, Allen and Chris were sitting in the chairs in the room- Chris had stolen the recliner- none of them looking sure as to what to do.

Finally, Elijah got up, immediately regretting it when a wave of nausea hit him, but after closing his eyes for a few seconds, he forced himself to suck it up.

Ignoring his friends' concerned gazes following him, he went up to Dean.

Dean didn't even notice he was there until Elijah took his hand, stopping his pacing.

"You shouldn't be out of bed," Dean said, his harsh gaze softening as his focus shifted to Elijah.

Elijah gave him a soft smile. "Seeing you pace like this is worse than trying to lay still in that bed," he said teasingly, trying to lighten Dean's mood.