Chapter Eight: Wolves

I was up reading about these daggers and the original family when I get a text from Caroline reading '911 NOW'

I was up reading about these daggers and the original family when I get a text from Caroline reading '911 NOW'. I spring out of bed and quickly change before I take off driving to Caroline's when I arrive Stefan is leaving. "Stefan where are you going? What's wrong?" I ask confused. "Tyler knows what happened to Mason I want you to stay with Caroline. He is mad and thinks everyone is against him on this." He explains before driving away. I run up the path to Caroline's door and she lets me inside. While I'm there she explains to me what is going on about Tyler and this woman Jules. "How about we go to the Grill, there is no way that they would attack us around people," Caroline suggests after about an hour of sitting around her house. I shrug gently. "Okay, you drive," I say laughing. She nods and grabs her keys. We stayed at the grill a blew about three hours with pool and darts. Caroline runs over to me when Matt walks in I nod seeing Elena and Damon have also walked in after my father. We walk out to Caroline's car and Matt follows I look between them. "I'll give you both a minute," I say stepping away. I am suddenly grabbed and hit in the back of my head causing me to fall unconscious.

I wake up and I'm in what appears to be a trailer I look down and Caroline is in a cage. I swallow my worry as a man walks in with a short buzzcut. He smirks seeing me awake. "Jules wishes to see you." He says to me. My eyes widen gently as he grabs my wrist and brings me outside to a firepit surrounded by people. I jump when I hear a gunshot and Caroline scream, a woman suddenly appears in front of me and holds out a phone. My brain focuses and realizes it to be Caroline's phone. "Call Stefan, tell him we want Tyler. Or you will have to listen to your friend die little girl. It sucks being a human and stuck in these matters." She taunts. I smirk to myself she doesn't know I'm a witch this could work in my favor. I call Stefan and at the same time, I send a mental cry for help to Elijah. When I tell Stefan the location she gives me I also send it to Elijah.

I focus on collecting energy from the forest around me cringing each time Caroline cries out in pain. I look up seeing Stefan, Tyler, and Damon appear and I groan, not these guys. Tyler walks over to me as Stefan and Damon start to fight the werewolves. "She is inside, let her not she did nothing wrong to you Tyler," I growl at him as I collect more energy my eyes going white. I turn around and Caroline is slammed against the side of the RV and I scream releasing all the energy I have built up sending the werewolves flying. I start to chant and they all start to cover their ears in pain. I look overhearing another join my chanting and see Jonas I smile slightly and nod to him as we continue chanting. We stop and Jonas looks to Stefan, "Elijah made a promise to Elena and Nyx. I'm here to see that it is upheld. You need to get out of here. Now." Jonas explains. I nod to them that it was okay to go ahead. "I was here to see that it was upheld but it would appear that you had it under control Nyx." He comments I nod before he turns to Tyler. "When your friends awaken, give them a message: They need to get the hell out of this town." He says before turning back to me. "Elijah wishes to see you." He informs me causing me to gulp. I give Tyler a half-hearted wave and leave with Jonas.

I arrive with Jonas at his apartment and Elijah is there waiting in the living room. I rub the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes and Elijah jumps up and runs over to me worried. "Nyx are you hurt did I get your message too late?" He asks worried and Jonas steps into the other room. I shake my head, "No it was just very stressful and they were hurting Caroline and I could do nothing about it." I tell him as a few tears slip down my face. He does something that surprises me, he pulls me into a tight hug. I rest my head on his shoulder and he places his chin on my head. "Elijah, could you come stay at my house? I'm worried that the wolves won't take your warning." I ask him my voice shaking. I hated this feeling of being the vulnerable one. He looks down at me and nods. "If that is what you wish." He tells me gently, I nod my head and he walks me out to his car. I rub my arms as we sit in the car and drive to my house. I nearly jump out of my skin when I feel a hand on my shoulder, relaxing slightly seeing it is Elijah and we are at my place. He helps me out and walks with me inside. "Go get ready for bed and I'll make sure your house is secure." Elijah states and I nod. "Thank you, Elijah."

Word Count: 920