Chapter 28: I'll Do It

I stare terrified next to Klaus at the body Esther was inhabiting. Elijah looks at Klaus and I, "She's gone." He says leaning the body back in the chair. Elijah goes to attack Finn, but he uses his magic to push Elijah away, which throws him over the table and into the nearby wall. Klaus vamp-speeds toward Finn and grabs him by the lapels. "Where is she?" Klaus shouts at him. Finn blows on his fingers and rubs them together like he was playing the world's smallest violin. I realized he was using a muscle-seizing spell Klaus fell to the floor in pain while Finn adjusts his jacket and looks around frantically. I quickly move to run over to Klaus but Finn catches me with a spell. I look at him terrified, "Sorry little sister, but Kol needs to concentrate." He says before blowing powder in my face. I feel my vision go dark and I fall into his arms.

I my eyes flutter open slowly as I look around in an unfamiliar area

I my eyes flutter open slowly as I look around in an unfamiliar area. I let out a small groan of pain as I slowly sit up and realize I am in a ball gown. "What the hell?" I ask softly in a murmur. I look around worried and confused. I travel down the stone steps and I freeze as I come to an open door where two werewolves stand guard. They turn to face me and give a small bow to me, "Please follow us." the taller one with dark hair says. I look to the other one who I recognize to be Oliver. He gives me a small nod and the two of them lead me through the cemetery. I can feel the stares of the other werewolves and witches following me. I shiver slightly before we stop at a greenhouse and Finn is standing there. I swallow gently as he holds out an arm to me. I nod my head gently and link my arm with his before he leads me into the greenhouse. "Considering your sole task was keeping track of a teenager, you might want to draw a little less attention to your absolute failure to do so." Finn says as we join Esther and Kol. "Oh, you're one to talk about failure! Have you got that human girl to bare her soul to you, yet? Or are you too busy playing captain to a pack of mangy dogs to have any success as a fake headshrinker?" Kol asks him not noticing my presence. "You know what your problem is?" Finn asks his brother in an annoyed tone. "Oh, I would love to listen--" Kol starts before I roll my eyes. "That's enough." I say along with Esther she gives me a small smile. Finn and Kol break up their fight, and each look guilty as they turn their attention back to their mother. Kol looks at me for the first time, I can tell he wants nothing more than to run and hold me. I want the same thing but, it's not safe we both understand that. "Now, if I'm right, Davina has the white oak stake. Kol find the girl, and get it back. Nyx I wish to talk to you privately. If that is alright." She says. I look to Kol and give him a gentle nod before turning back to her. "Of course mother." I say in a gentle tone. Kol and Finn leave and I take a seat across from her as I fiddle with my thumbs. "Do you want to know how I was able to bring us all back?" She asks me and I look up at her with a gentle gaze. "If that would be something you can share." I tell her. She smiles at me as she studies me. "You, your magic and spirit is stronger than anything that I have come across in all my time here. Because of you Kol is back." She says and I look to the door before looking down tears pricking my eyes. "I tried to do it myself. I got close but, never close enough. Why?" I ask her and she walks over to me wiping away the tear from my eyes. "It's the vampirism, it puts a lid on your powers and what you are able to do. If you stay here with us and agree to help us get the white oak stake. I can reverse your vampirism and you can be free to leave this place. You and Kol can leave and travel. Start your own family far away from the supernatural world." She says I look back to the door where I knew Kol was waiting for me. "I'll do it." I tell her my gaze never returning to her but, I could hear the smile in her voice. "Wonderful, now with you it will actually be different." She says, I could hear her walking over to me. I turn to face her confused. "What do you mean?" I ask her before suddenly I gasp in pain. 

I look from her eyes sad and gentle. my gaze travels down to my chest where she has stabbed a dagger coaked in a powder, "Kol." I say in a whimper and a ripple of energy spreads from me cracking the glass of the greenhouse. I could hear Kol shouting for me as Esther pulls the dagger from my chest. I fall into her arms right at the door busts open. Kol and Finn run over to us as Oliver looks on from the door. I give him a sad smile and he nods his head putting a fist over his chest. I focus on Finn and Kol the latter stealing me away from his mother holding me close. I look up at him and give him a small smile. "Don't let me go." I tell him and he nods his head gently. "Never darling." He promises and I feel my vision start to go dark as I cling to him. Something felt different though, it didn't feel like all the times I have died before not even when I transformed. This felt different.

Word Count: 1048