Chapter Twelve: Back From The Daggered

I spent the day to myself inside the house cleaning and doing other things, Bonnie and Elena invited me to come and join them on a road trip but, the way Klaus looked at me made me feel that it was safer for myself and everyone that I stay out of ...

I spent the day to myself inside the house cleaning and doing other things, Bonnie and Elena invited me to come and join them on a road trip but, the way Klaus looked at me made me feel that it was safer for myself and everyone that I stay out of the way. I was reading a book when I realized that it was nightfall and thankfully no one has disturbed me. This thought process is instantly interrupted by someone knocking at my door. I walk downstairs slowly and open the door to see Elijah standing there. I couldn't help but smile and hug him tightly. "Oh my god Elijah, it's so good to see you again," I tell him gently, he laughs and hugs me back as well. "It is great to see you as well Nyx, I have a favor to ask of you though." He tells me in a gentle but stern tone. I pull back from him and see Klaus standing behind him. I swallow softly, "What do you need?" I ask a bit confused.

And that is how I ended up with my name on another deed to another house which I am now living in with my best friend and his crazy brother who has wanted my sister and other family members dead. Klaus had people compelled to move my stuff and set it up in my own room and set my art stuff in the drawing-room that he decided to share with me. To stay out of the way I have been wandering from room to room. I stop dead seeing a room with three coffins inside. I swallow softly and walk towards one that was whispering. I open the lid and cover my mouth seeing it was Kol. He had the sickly grey skin with his veins all darkened and a dagger stuck into his chest. I lean forward and gently brush his cheek with my fingertips when someone grabs my wrist gently I look up and it is Klaus. I take a step back and he looks at me. "I'm sorry for startling you love, your room is ready, and I wanted to tell you that the Salvatore brothers are coming over for dinner tonight. I heard Elijah say that you and Damon don't really get along anymore so I wanted you to have a heads up in case you wanted to leave." He explains to me. I smile and look at him, "Would you recommend I continue to run from the guy who I thought was my friend?" I ask him sincerely. He looks at me and walks over to my side. "You have fire, I have no doubt you will use it. My family all seem to like you for some reason or another. I must say I can't wait to find a reason as well." Klaus says as he touches my cheek before leaving the room. I sigh and head up to my room better get ready for dinner.

I walk in after dinner to see it is just Klaus and Stefan

I walk in after dinner to see it is just Klaus and Stefan. Stefan looks at me bewildered when Klaus walks over to me. "Ah love you missed dinner." He says Elijah and Damon appear behind me, "I know, but I am just in the nick of time for dessert isn't that right Lijah?" I ask. He smirks and takes the cloth off of the tray that this woman was holding, it reveals two daggers on the tray. Klaus looks at us with wide eyes. "What have you both done?" He asks Elijah steps forward standing beside me, "What have you done? You see, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now." He says when suddenly Kol enters the room. Finn and Rebekah both enter as well the latter shooting me a wink. I nod to her and I turn away so I don't have to witness the stabbing. Elijah turns with me and faces the boys, "You are free to go this is family business." He tells them Damon steps towards me to grab my hand but I step back shaking my head. "I need to be here Damon, you broke my trust. Go keep Elena safe," I tell him. He looks at me hurt before both he and Stefan leave. I follow after them stopping in front of Klaus. "You noticed my fire Klaus, you need to be burned before I allow you to play with it," I tell him glaring gently.

 I turn to the siblings, "You lot have fun, I will be out of your way." I tell them before heading into the next room to get rid of the coffins. I jump slightly as I'm pushing the coffins out hearing Klaus shout. A hand falls on my shoulder I look up and a woman smiles at me kindly, "It's alright little one he won't hurt you." She tells me quietly before going into the room with them. I follow her confused I peak from around the corner of the wall watching. Everyone is standing there shocked most of all Klaus. "Mother?" Rebekah asks the woman, she passes them walking to Klaus. Klaus is for the first time at a loss for words. Tears fall from his eyes as he stares at the ground unable to meet his mother's gaze. "Look at me." She commands in a stern voice that was almost foreign to the gentle one she gave to me. Klaus raises his head to meet her stern gaze, "Do you know why I'm here?" She asks him, Klaus takes a few shaken breaths before responding to her. "You're here to kill me." He tells her. "Niklaus, you are my son, and I am here to forgive you." she tells him before turning to the rest of her children, "I want us to be a family again." She tells them.

Word Count: 1026