WHY WOULD I NEED A DAGGER CH-10

Percy POV                                                                                                 

I woke up with a throbbing headache, I rubbed my head while popping my bones into places I glanced around the room. I glanced around to find myself lying in the bed of the guest room of the Mc lean household I was processing this when the door opened and Mr. Mc lean along with Piper came in. Mr. Mc lean came and sat on the side of the bed and said "ahh Percy you are awake...after the attack-" I cut him off "so it was real" I started panicking inside but kept my emotional mask on. He nodded with a warm smile not knowing what to do I smiled back then his phone rang he looked at it and turned as pale as a ghost "I...I...need to take this" he said running out of the room leaving me and Piper alone and for some reason, she was gaping at me "so...." I asked she replied, "you were very brave out there." I blushed "Piper" "huh" "I think I-" on cue, Mr. Mc lean came in 'way to ruin the moment' I thought "both of you pack your bags right now," he said urgently I don't know why but I did so without questions I pulled out a sea-green duffel bag and filled it with 8 sets of spare clothes, 2 pairs of shoes, toiletries, my electronics, a sleeping bag, some money, and my first-aid kit in about 10 mins I and Piper were standing in front of the door. Mr. Mc lean said to Piper "look pipes don't let him get hurt, I will get you to New York after that take him straight to camp" "oh...one more thing you will need this." he said handing me a dagger. I could not keep shut anymore and said " what the effing hell is going on? what camp? why would I need a dagger?" I would have asked more questions if it wasn't for Piper saying "I'll explain that when we get to camp. For now you need to calm down" she said in such a sweet tone I had to obey as if she hypnotized me. maybe she did because I didn't say a word till New York as if my mind was switched off.