Chapter 35

Several days had passed since we had gone to the banquet. I still incredibly upset over everything that had happened while we were there, and I was not quite ready to believe that Killian had even the slightest bit of good intentions for me.

I would move around the manor, almost as if I were no longer existing, just moving and attempting to keep myself busy.

Everyone seemed to look at me as if they knew something that I did not. I can only assume that they knew what Killian and planned for me but were unable to tell me anything regarding it. It felt as though I were waiting for Killian to grow tired of me and simply end the suffering that followed me around.

Now that I think of it, I was unaware of how many days had passed. It reminded me of being in the hospital, where I stopped caring about keeping track of such things.

What was the point?

"Killian, the way you are handling this girl like a child" I heard Famke say, as she stood outside of Killian's library.

"Are you saying that I am the child, or she is?" Killian chuckled.

"You. I have known you for a long time, and despite how exasperating you can be, you are still like family"

"What is your point, Famke?"

"My point, is that you cause this poor girl such fear, and you almost lust after how scared she is of you"

"If she is scared then she knows her place"

"You want her to be your companion, but you have given her no reason to view that as a positive thing. I have seen you long for companionship in many human girls, all who look the same, but she is different"

"She is"

"Which means she might actually have a chance, so why not give it to her. Stop scaring her every chance you get. She knows that you have power, and you will only give her mixed signals as you play nice, then use that power to control her" she chuckled "And I am sorry, my dear, but you may be the most frightening thing to that girl, but you are in no way the scariest thing out there in the world"

He scoffed "But I am at least something to fear in the night"

"You are a cuddly little rabbit in comparison to the things that should be feared" she paused "Those close to you are growing worrisome over your consistent behavior regarding Cordelia, and to see them even slightly scared of you, now that is a problem"

"It just means that they know I am not one to be played with"

"No, Killian. We were all family once, until you left. Many of us used to visit you, because we understood that you needed time. We hoped you would come back, but as time goes on, I especially have seen you stray further away from who you once were. This obsession you had with these girls has led you astray, and some of us do not know how much longer we can sit back and allow this to continue"

He nervously laughed "Then leave, all of you. I have been alone for some time, and no one is ever good enough to stay. Why continue to act that I am anything like you"

"You are not evil; you are flawed, yes, but that does not mean your family should look at you the way that they do"

"I have yet to see your point regarding all of this"

"You use fear like this, it is wrong. There is a difference between hunting humans down and feeding them, but to punish them for existing, for having feelings, it is cruel. She tries to please you, and it never seems to be enough"

"Perhaps I deserve more"

"Perhaps you are too greedy, and even your expectations cannot be met, by anyone. We have already been here a month, and it only seems to get worse"