Chapter 36

The sensation of falling seemed to be taking over my body as I quickly became surrounded by darkness.

All I could do was fall further into it.

There was nothing I could do to fight this feeling.

My breathing quickened as it seemed to become harder to properly take in air, making me gasp out.

Everything felt as though it were collapsing inside of me.

The need to scream out for help became more important, but the words were unable to escape my mouth.

The feeling reminded me of how it felt to be alone with Killian, where he could grab me and keep me for as long as he pleased. The familiar feeling of panic washed over me as I anticipated the arrival of Killian.

"Cordelia, run" a quiet voice ordered.

I did not want to wait and see what would take over me, so I forced my legs to run as fast as I could, though it did not feel like I was actually moving away.

Everything was closing in around me.

"Cordelia" a different voice called from behind me.

"Cordelia!" the voice screamed.

A small light appeared in front of me, getting closer to me even as I stood still. I could feel the warmth that came from it, wanting more of it. I ran towards it, seeing the light change into the form of a body.

The fear of it being Killian fell over me, making me come to a stop.

It reached a hand out to me, wanting me to accept it.

The cold from the darkness crept up my back, leaving me no option but to accept the hand being offered. Almost immediately upon taking it, the light turned into a small glow as Theodore appeared in front of me.

Almost as quickly as Theodore had a appeared, I realized that I must be dreaming. That was the only reasonable explanation for why I would be seeing someone dead now in front of me, appearing quite alive.

Theodore pulled me into his arms, hugging me tightly "I hate to see you look so broken"

I thought I was beginning to look better.

He pressed his hand to my cheek, softly stroking it with his thumb.

I placed my hand over his, immediately feeling my eyes water "Theodore, I know that we did not know each other for long, but I miss you badly" I could feel the tears on my cheek "I felt so safe with you and ever since I have lost you things have been nothing but difficult"

"When I decided to save you, I did not expecting being around you to feel like home" he whispered "It was a feeling that I have not felt for a long time, so I understand the loss"

"How have I gotten so far without you?"

"I cannot forgive myself for everything that has happened" he whispered, staring down at me "All of this is my fault, but I do not have time to discuss the details surround it since our time is short"

"What are you talking about?"

"I must make sure that what I say is in important" he pulled away from me "Cordelia, you are in danger; if you want to escape, you must do to Killian what he insists on doing to you"

"I do not understand"

"Cordelia"

I looked around, wondering who was calling my name now.

Theodore shook his head, beginning to disappear.

"No, Theodore, please do not leave me again!"

Without warning, I was awake and in a panic at seeing Theodore vanish before me.