Chapter 58

I felt a hard and heavy thud hit my chest, jolting me awake.

My eyes shot open and I began looking around, unable to comprehend the empty darkness that seemed to cloud my vision.

I reached out, hoping to find something familiar that would set my mind at ease.

Was I dead?

My breathing quickened as I began to panic, making my chest move up and down as if I were trying to find a way to breathe.

A small glimpse of light caught my attention as I tried to sit up.

I let out a gasp at the pain shooting through my body, making me feel as if my entire body had been shattered like glass.

"Cordelia" a voice said, sounding almost like a whisper.

I achingly glanced over as my vision slowly came back, only to let out a cry at the sight of Killian's lifeless body, appearing just as Famke's body had.

He was so close, and yet so far from my own.

"Killian" I whimpered.

I shut my eyes, shaking my head in refusal, unable to accept the sight in front of me.

"Cordelia!" the voice shouted.

I placed my hands to my ears, rocking back and forth "Go away!"

A shrill sound erupted, making my body shake as overwhelming sensations crawled up my body. I could feel it all inside of me so intensely.

I screamed out in pain and confusion.

Hands began pulling my my arms.

"Cordelia, stop moving!" the voice shouted.

I opened my eyes once again, finding Florence in front of me, making me realize that she was attempting to help me; at least it appeared that way.

My eyes had a hard time adjusting to everything behind her, only able to focus on things much closer in distance, like her sorrowful expression that seemed almost calming.

Pain shot through my body once again, pulling me away from the first sign of relief and back into a torturous hell.

She pulled my head back up towards her, placing her hands on my face "Keep your focus on me, Cordelia"

I did as she said, feeling pain slowly being lifted, but a dark feeling continued to loom over me, refusing to disappear.

Florence was using her gift to ease whatever it was that was happening to me; that much I was certain of.

"Am I in hell?" I whispered.

She stared down at me, emotional and clearly taking on some level of pain. I could tell that she was unable to answer. All her focus when to trying to help me, so instead she slowly shook her head.

Why did that feel like a lie?

"He did it; I cannot believe he did something like this" another voice commented.

Florence kept staring at me "We could have stopped it, but I assume that all this time he was sneaking it into her drinks"

"She needs to feed"

"Not now, Samuel" she said, irritated.

"Yes now!" If this is happening, then you need to allow it to happen naturally"

She frowned "But it is one of the worst pains to experience. She has already gone through so much already"

"You cannot protect her from this"