Chapter 47

After the sun had set, I had agreed to spend some time in the parlor with Samuel, Florence, and Archibald. It was me attempting to try and ignore the emotional breakdown my mind kept insisting I needed to have.

I kept having to assure them all that I was fine; or convince them that I would be. I could not even convince myself, so I was certain they were not accepting it.

"Samuel seems to be doing much better" I pointed out, watching him engage with Archibald.

Florence softly smiled "He is not being plagued with the uncertain vision anymore; though he is determined to try and delay, if not completely stop your death"

"I do not want to speak about that"

Yelling was heard from the entrance, catching the attention of all of us, and making each conversation come to a stop.

Killian was arguing with Famke, while Rosalyn and Torrance entered the parlor, both appearing rather annoyed.

"I cannot express how happy I am to be leaving earlier than planned" Torrance said, sitting down in a chair, while Rosalyn sat down in his lap.

"What are you talking about?" Samuel asked.

Rosalyn looked at him "Due to Killian's behavior, Famke thinks it is best if we cut our visit short"

"Cut it short by how much?" Archibald asked, continuing to glance at me as he spoke to them.

"Unless Killian stops with the constant attitude problem, we will be leaving by the end of next week. I suggested we leave this week, but she wants to give him a chance to change"

Samuel scoffed "I know that Killian has been acting outrageous, but why would we just leave? We have endured this before"

Rosalyn took Torrance's hand "Exactly, which is why it is concerning that it has gotten this bad. No one seems to be happy here, and Killian is preoccupied with things that are influencing his want to have us around"

Everyone know she was referring to me and she gave me a sympathetic look, before taking a long drink.

"Of course, Killian is furious regarding the situation; Famke is trying to explain that his negative attitude is making an impact on us" Torrance explained.

Rosalyn nodded "Though, we all know that the true impact is not hitting us" she looked at me "I am sorry, dear"

Famke entered the room, exhausted over having to argue with Killian "Killian has stated that if we are to leave earlier than planned, then we will never be allowed in his home again"

"Good riddance then" Torrance said.

Rosalyn gave him a light hit "Tact"

"When are we leaving then?" Florence asked.

"We will leave next week, as I am sure they have told you" Famke answered, walking to me and placing a hand on my cheek "I do apologize for what you will be left to deal with, Cordelia"

Florence looked at me, concern in her eyes.

They were really leaving then? I stood, rushing out of the room, unable to consider what life will be like without them in my life.

Florence and Archibald especially were truly keeping me alive in this home, and imagining them gone, leaving me alone, it made my breathing become quick, unable to control it.

Killian had requested time to consider things, but with my realization that I do not want to die, I knew that I had to deal with this situation before they left. I needed to know that my life was somewhat secure once they were once.