Part 42

Rin's POV

I woke up and got ready for my upcoming fight after getting a bite to eat. Today was the day I would square off against Neji Hyuuga, and I was more or less confident in my ability to win. I had changed my weapons until I only had stuff that could cut or trap too, so I hoped that meant a win without bloody action and near death. Yesterday I had gotten a NEW NINJA OUTFIIIIIIIT YAAAAAAYYYYY!

 I had on a pair of black stretchy pants, kind of like leggings, with 3 silver stripes going down either leg. My kunai holster had been discarded, all of my basic weapons stuffed into my black shuriken pouch on my left back hip. My knife holster stayed strapped lengthwise on the back of my belt, sandwiched between my shuriken pouch and 3 scrolls on my right hip. I had even gotten a new blade custom made, the Uzumaki crest engraved onto the metal. Most of those weapons were hidden by a tight fitting ultra stretchy black long sleeved shirt, with silver stripes identical to the ones on my shorts. . I also had on a black ninja hoodie overtop of it, hanging loosely and comfortably to cover all of the weapons I had strapped onto my belt. The hood I kept left down, unless I felt the need to hide my identity. I kept the combat boots, adding a hidden knife on each foot. I had also gotten new custom made metal gloves, fingerless of course, with a roll of wire imbedded inside and some hidden detachable mini knives. I cut my quickly lengthening hair to about shoulder blade length, and I personally made a black eyepatch with straps that wrapped around the rest of my head, hidden underneath my hair with lots of other fun hidden stuff. I ditched the sword, the black and white both sitting in a glass case now, and bought a black dagger, strapping it onto my leg. 

Yeah thanks for listening to my clothing rant, even though you probably didn't expect such a drastic change of fashion from me. But hey I am a fashionable girl. I quickly got my knife and dagger, and headed to the arena.The streets of Konoha are usually busy in the mornings, so I kept to the shadows, bumping into Choji who complimented my new outfit. We walked together to the arena, deciding to chill and eat some snacks before it started. "So." Choji said, shoving a chip in his mouth. "Excited for the match?" He asks, chewing on his food. I shrug, popping a gummy into my own mouth. "I guess, who are you rooting for?" I asked. "In this case then I guess it'd be my favourite Uzumaki." He said. I laughed. "You crack me up Choji, thanks man. I'm gonna go fight now. See you." I said, tossing a smile over my shoulder. 

"First match, Hyuuga Neji vs Uzumaki Rin! The rules remain the same. Begin!" The proctor yelled, hopping back. Almost immediately, veins bulged around Neji's eyes, and everyone in the audience started to get excited. I rolled my eyes. Typical. "Nice change of outfit you have there." He said. "Learn how to appreciate the fashion." I said, making hand signs as I spoke. "Wind style, windy blade jutsu!" I said, slamming my hands on the ground. A large fleet of silver wind spears rained down from the sky, stabbing the entire battlefield. To hope that Neji would be beaten by one move was too much to hope for. Maybe a couple of scratches at most. As the smoke cleared, I see the snotty Hyuuga surrounded by a barrier of blue chakra. "Eight trigrams rotation. Oldest defense in the book." Neji smirks. "Now it's my turn." He growls, chucking a ton of shuriken my way. I pullout my knife, and with a quick spin, the metal stars are all over the ground. There's barely any space to run anymore, with the wind spears and shuriken sticking around everywhere. I pull out the stringed kunai from my pouch, and pull out a paper bomb. Wrapping it around the handles, I make hand signs. "Water style, geyser jutsu!" I yell, giant pillars of water shooting from the ground, knocking away the shuriken and spears, to the side. I hop on to a geyser, catching a glimpse of Neji dodging the water, and exploded the paper bomb, the kunai flying everywhere in the explosion. I pulled the strings tight onto the string wheels on my 2 hands glove, and landed on the ground. 

Neji stood 3 meters in front of me, and all of a sudden he was gone. In the instant I was distracted, there was a yell of "Eight trigrams sixty four palms!" And I was battered by Neji. Less than 30 seconds later, I was kneeling on the ground. Worn out, bleeding, and vision blurring. "Well screw your trigrams, but now it's my turn." I grumbled. I pulled out a case from my pouch. I yank on the strings, and I go flying into the air. A quick tug, and my leg flies towards his face. His arm comes up but my other leg follows up, smacking him in the face and effectively giving him a nosebleed. His hand grabs my ankle, and I give the string a hard tug, and l go flying into the air, dragging him with me. While he's flying through the air 25 meters above the arena, I quickly make two shadow clones, sending one down onto the ground, and leaving one to fight Neji in midair. I gave the strings a quick cut, rolling them back up on the spool, and landing on the ground. I use an ice jutsu, pillars of ice raining down from the sky, and I quickly hide inside one, enveloping myself with chakra as to not freeze to death. I feel the clone fighting him poof away. The other clone does what I wanted, luring Neji to the Ice pillar I'm hiding in. He pins it to the ice, choking it. I infuse chakra into my fist, smashing through the ice. The clone is destroyed, and my punch sends Neji flying across the arena into a wall. I pin him down with a kunai on the neck. "Ahhh, I don't think you should move now. It won't be very wise. I'd have mercy, but should I kill you? I am QUITE the sadist."I said with an evil grin.

"Are you trying to avenge Lady Hinata? Kill me if you want, free me from this cage that I'm trapped in." He hisses. I throw aside my joking attitude. "In all seriousness Neji, you shouldn't be scornful to Hinata because you aren't the main branch. It's not her fault. She didn't ask to be physically weak, gentle, to be the next Hyuuga heir, she never asked for any of that. For what it's worth, she'd probalby prefer if you were in the main branch. Look. She may not be very powerful, but she's mentally strong. She knows what it means to live life to the fullest. It doesn't matter whether or not you have a DESTINY. No one cares. Forge your own path. She and I fought together, to be viewed differently by others, to be strong. The only one that decides your destiny, is you." I said, loosening my grip one the knife. Neji falls limp. "I suppose I'll join your team then. I will learn. How to... forge my own destiny." He says, looking at the sky. "Winner, Uzumaki Rin!" The proctor yells, and cheers erupt from the arena. I pull Neji to his feet. "You should get that nose checked out." I pointed out. "Um, Rin-san, thank you for making me realize." Neji says awkwardly. I pat him on the back, shoving him in the direction of the medical office. "A chained bird will learn how to break the lock on the cage, and break free. Fly free, Neji." I said, smiling and running over to my friends. 

(I'm soooooo sorry I haven't updated!!!!! I'm doing lots of stuff right now, and this chapter probably ended up being kinda crappy... Sorry guys, I've got a major case of writers block right now. Hope you enjoy, and I'll try to make the next one better! ;D)