Part 16

Rin's POV

I peered around the bush to see where that squawking noise came from. What I saw surprised me. A small hawk was lying on the ground, with a bent wing.

I cared for animals. I loved them! So I immediately rushed over to take a closer look. Since most ninja animals could speak, I gently asked, "are you okay? What happened?" The hawk turned it's head towards me and said quietly, "I was just flying around, and I got hit by something, so I fell down here." I nodded. "Do you live here?" I asked. The hawk nodded. I sighed, taking a better look at the wing. "It's broken. I'm going to have to take you home, is that okay?" I asked. The hawk seemed uncertain, but finally nodded.

"Guys, I'm going home!" I yelled at my summoning animals. Sumi and Nami, 2 of my wolves, ran over. "You guys don't have to come with me Ya know..." I said. "But we can help with the little guy!" Sumi protested. Nami nodded. I sighed. It was true. I didn't know any medical ninjutsu, only a couple of my animals did. I sighed. "Fine, you can come too. Thanks for your help."

When we got to my house, I gently laid the little hawk down on my bed. "Do you have a name?" I asked. The hawk shook it's head. "Well then, I'm naming you, umm, Aerius!" I said happily. About half an hour later, we had healed him, fed him, and got him to bed. I thanked Nami and Sumi, giving them some of their favourite meat.

I sighed, sitting down beside Aerius's makeshift bed. His small voice broke the silence. "Rin-sama, why are you helping me?" He questioned. I smiled. "I love animals! People don't seem to like me too much, so I spend most of my time with animals. I hate to see them hurt." I said. "Will you be my master?" He asked suddenly. My eyebrows shot up. "Are you sure you want me to like, sign a contract and all?" I asked. He shook his head. I'm not really a summoning, but could I be your, well, kind of like a pet?" He asked. I sighed. "I'd love for you to be my pet!" I said, smiling. "Yay! Now we can be friends forever!" Squealed Aerius. I smiled at the baby hawk. "Yeah, friends."