53: Polaroid Love

Enough angst. We need some fluff ಠಠ

Soleil was never the type to be seasick. She could run about the beams leading to the crow's nest of a ship and would still be able to stomach what she ate for lunch.

But now, leaning against the edge of the ship was enough to make her head spin and spit out the food she ate. She would feel terrible because Xiangling put much effort into preparing it for her.

Soleil's eyes flickered, watching the sea glitter under the midday sun. She stared at with sleepy eyes and she felt another wave hit her head.

She covered her mouth and swallowed the rising bile. She then groaned and bowed her head. Her seasickness was getting worse...

Oh, wait. No. It was just the alcohol kicking in.

Soleil giggled when she realized she was holding a wine bottle in her other hand. The deep red purple liquid swished by the base of the bottle. Judging from its contents, she had been drinking for some time already.

No wonder her sense of reason was getting blurry. Still, Soleil drank from the bottle again and wiped her mouth to stare at the open ocean.

"Looking pretty tipsy, aren't you?" Beidou mused as she went beside her. Soleil blinked at her incredulously.

"Tipsy already? Me? Nonsense," Soleil said. "You've soloed two whole bottles already," Beidou deadpanned.

"And you downed six. You're lucky Juza snuck in some water and sobering herbs into some of the bottles," Soleil replied with a giggle, "Honestly, this isn't too much... Spend a little time in Mondstadt and you'll see that two bottles is the bare minimum, hehe."

"Eh... I'm grateful Juza looked after me. Now, that means I can look after you," Beidou said and leaned an elbow on the edge to get a better look at Soleil's sideframe.

"The celebratory party ended an hour ago, yet you're still drinking," Beidou had a concerned look as she tilted her head, "What's wrong?"

Soleil finished the last few gulps of the bottle and gave it to Beidou, who gave her a blank look before shaking her head and putting the bottle off on one of the tables. She then walked back with a glass of water and gave it to Soleil.

"Thanks," the girl muttered and sipped the water slowly. This made Beidou snicker.

"Pfft... You drink wine like it was water yet you sip on water like it was wine," she laughed lightly, "What's the deal with you?"

"Wine tastes better than water," Soleil said and looked out at sea with a distant look. Beidou's smile faded and she placed a hand on Soleil's shoulder.

"Hey," she said and smiled softly, "You know you can talk to me, right?"

"I can... But I don't think I should," Soleil said and leaned her head on a palm, "Nothing's wrong. The continent isn't about to explode nor are the seven nations going to face an invasion any time sooner."

"I get that, but don't fool me, lady. You have something going on," Beidou pointed out. Soleil swirled her glass of water distractedly.

"It's just another late episode of unstable hormones kicking in," she said, "I'll go off criticizing myself for a few days at most, then everything goes back to normal. You know, like a volcano erupting time to time. It just needs to vent out some heat under the continent. Same goes for me. Really, it's nothing big."

"Are you sure about that? Last I checked, volcanic eruptions can cause severe damages to the surrounding life forms around the volcano. It happens rarely, but when it does, it's never pretty," Beidou raised an eyebrow.