TCSDL - Prologue

Prologue:

It is a typical day at work for our dear Kongpob.

He is 24 now and is working as a Senior Software Specialist with a leading company. He has been working since his graduation away from his home in a different city. Even though he misses his family and being with them, he has come to love this life of his where he is surrounded by good and great friends for life, learning, and living on his own terms.

Kong was having a chat with his friends. They were planning a trip to a hill station coming weekend that is close by to Kong's native place. As Kong is to travel abroad for work the coming Wednesday after the weekend. They chose a close-by place to his native so that he can visit his family before his trip which even though planned for 1 month could at least extend out to three months to a year.

Suddenly Kong's phone rings. Kong's attention goes to the caller ID. It is his mom. He never gets a call from his mom, especially at this time of the day. He answers with a worried and wondering voice.

"Hey, Mom - What happened? You calling me at this time is everything fine at home?" He starts off...

"Yes Kong, everything is fine. Mom is really sorry to call you at this time and disturbed you. Hope you were not in a meeting. I had to call as it is a matter of urgency and I need to get the confirmation from you. Now tell me Kong, has your tickets confirmed for your travel, and what is your plan for this weekend?"

"Yes mom, in fact, the tickets got confirmed just today morning for Wednesday and I was having a chat with friends now. We all are planning a small trip before my travel. I was waiting for that to be materialized to inform you. But I along with my friends will be visiting you on Sunday so that I can meet you all before my travel. Please ask Dad and Nong Dae to be at home itself on Sunday mom."

The moment Kong's mom heard him saying visiting on Sunday, she started certain calculations and she said; "Ok, so you will be here on Sunday. But can you come here on Saturday itself?

"Let me check with friends, give me one min mom."

Kong replies to his mom after confirming.

"Yes, mom I can be home on Saturday. But please note, we will be able to reach home only by late at night. It will take at least 4-6 hours of drive from the resort we are planning to stay in."

"But mom, why are you asking me all this information, and what does it have to do with the matter of urgency?"

"That's perfect Kong. Please pack a good outfit also and take care during the trip. Make sure you apply sunscreen lotion when going out."

"Mom - can you please answer my question. What does this have to do with the urgent matter"

"Oh, nothing big, there is a boy's family coming to see you on Sunday to see you and to ask your hand in marriage. So, make sure you are packing a good outfit and take care. Let me go and inform the family and start preparations. There are only a couple of days for getting everything ready. Bye Kong. Have fun"

To say Kong is shocked will be pointless. The moment he heard 'boys' family' and 'marriage' he was stunned. He did not even realize that his mom has disconnected the call after bombarding him with the news of urgency.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be Continued...

From the Author: That is a wrap of the prologue. This is a simple cliché story based on some true events. If the response for this story is well received, at the end I will definitely try to share some facts.

Please share your comments on how you think about the plot and story. Request you all to read, share your views, encouragements, like and vote. See you soon with the next chapter.

Bye - Lux1986