TCSDL - Chapter 02

Correspondingly at Arthit's end.

"Hey mom, how are you? You had called? Sorry, I just saw your missed call. I was in a meeting and my phone was in silent mode mom."

"Yes, Arthit. Do you know how many days it has been since you called me? I don't ask you to call me every second or minute. Once in a week at least give me a call and check how your parents are doing? But no, God knows what work you are doing that 24/7 you are in a meeting or outside." And mom goes on with her complaints.

"Mom, please I love you. Forgive me this time na, please. I picked up my phone to call you but something came up and then I just forgot that I have not spoken to you. Please forgive me, mom".

"There is a permanent solution for this forgetfulness of yours, and it is to talk to you about that I had called. Now get your tickets booked and come home this weekend. I want you to be here at home by Saturday morning. You can return by Sunday evening if there are no leaves."

"Oh, no mom. I am having so many work items and I cannot travel now. Also, this month I might have to visit my office headquarters. Why are you insisting on me coming home this weekend? I will however visit once my travel date is confirmed mom"

"No Oon, you are coming home this weekend and on Sunday we are going to see a boy"

"What? Why? How? When... No, mom. I am not ready yet. Why are you behind me? I am just 26. Please let me reach a more stable career and then think about this seeing boy and stuffs."

"Oon, I am done with your reasons. It is not like I am asking you to get married to the boy tomorrow. All I am saying is meet and talk. They are a very good family. In fact, he is your paternal uncle's best friend's relative. They have seen him in their friend's son's marriage. The boy is very handsome, kind and soft. He is also working in the same city. In fact, the boy is going on a work assignment abroad next Wednesday, and he and his friends will be visiting native this weekend. Hence, we are rushing you through." "Please Oon. It is time for you to get settled. Once, you too get married to a good boy; then I can relax and spend time with my grandkids."

"Mom, you already have a grandkid, my nephew, please remember that too."

"Oon, you cannot win me over here with your arguments. You are coming here on Saturday. I will ask your dad to make sure you get a return ticket on Sunday night's train".

"As if you are leaving me with any other choice. I will check for tickets to start on Friday evening mom. Hope the rest of the things are ok".

"Yes Oon – everything else is fine. Take Care" Happiness reflected on Arthit's mom's voice as she disconnected the call.

After the call, Arthit drifted into thoughts. He started thinking about what his mom has said. He wants to be more established in his career before he gets married and settled down for life. But apparently, his family and fate had other ideas. He too was nervous, as he is not that much of an outward person to quickly build the connection with a stranger and here the stranger is supposed to be his life partner.

"Am I ready to start leading family life? Will this person support me? Will the person be ok with my friends? Will he be ready to continue working or want to be at home? – Unfortunately, after hearing and seeing certain instances with his friends Arthit's worry too was something fair." He takes a moment and calms himself, saying 'let's see how things go ahead' and continues with his work. He books tickets for his native for the weekend.

..............................................................................................................................

Sunday – The Meet Day: