TCSDL - Chapter 03

Kong invited Arthit to his room and made him sit.

Both were facing starting problem. Both wondering should I ask, should I wait?

Swiftly Arthit asked, "How was your trip?"

"It was really good; we friends have been planning a trip for a long time now and with my traveling around the corner we planned on a jiff and went off. The ultimate moment as we went into the night jungle drive ended up in an adrenaline rush situation.

I personally am not a fan of adrenaline rush situations but yesterday like any other day there was a jungle safari and we opted for it to see if we were lucky to see some animals. Halfway into the drive, our safari got the information about a rouge elephant and within minutes we were able to spot it. As our driver was experienced, he immediately turned off the vehicle as well as asked all of us to make sure to keep our mobiles off and no lights.

He has been observing the elephant and when the elephant was distracted and at a distance at a horse speed, he started the vehicle and we crossed the elephant before it understood the situation. We did click the pics of it. I have not shared this with my family yet. I am going to hear a good lecture" laughed off Kong.

Arthit was eagerly listening to the instance and he got captivated by that smile of Kong.

"How about you? Have you been on trips?" Kong asked.

"I have but not something like what you shared. Looks like it is a great experience."

"Hey now I realized why I was finding it familiar" – Arthit suddenly capturing Kong's attention.

"While following you to the room, I felt a strange knowingness of the place. I realized that your house layout, the room's location as well the tiles everything matches mine. A strange coincidence, right? Wait let me check for the pictures..." Arthit started searching for pics of his home on his mobile.

Suddenly Dae came and knocked on the door. "P'Arthit, P'Kong; all are asking you to come, also your voices were too loud that all were eagerly listening to what you said"

To add Kong and Arthit both were blushing and turning tomatoes would be the truth. In fact, there would not be a darker red shade than their cheek.

Both walked back and Arthit asked, "Hey where are your friends, I could not meet them."

"Dae, can you please ask my friends to come here so that I will introduce them to everyone"

Another round of introductions was done, after which Arthit's family were invited for having a light snack.

There was that moment of elders teasing Kong and Arthit – talking about numbers and meeting later, etc. Both Kong and Arthit were praying and hoping no one will ask them their opinion. They both wanted some time to process everything.

Finally, Kong and Arthit bid bye, Kong retreated to his room with his friends and Arthit towards his family.

Kong's friends started teasing and sharing their first impression about Arthit. They asked what Kong and Arthit discussed. Kong's friends waited outside his home during all this traditional process so that both families would be able to talk comfortably. So far it is all positive comments and Kong also felt he could give this proposal a chance.

Maybe, he can talk to Arthit before his travel and find out if they can have a courting kind of period, to understand each other and find out if they were compatible. But he did not voice it out yet as he wanted to hear everyone's opinion.

Once Arthit and his family left, Kong's family along with Kong, his friends all met together. They were discussing Kong's travel dates and packing. Beating the stereotypes, Kong's uncle asked the question, "What is your opinion Kong? Did you like Arthit and his family"

He was slightly taken back by the question even though he expected it. He can just be thankful that no one asked in front of everyone.

"I will wait to hear from them Uncle. So far it is positive only, but I would like to know more about the person before making any decision Uncle" – replied Kong.

"That means it is yes from you" – concluded Kong's mom and dad. They did not let Kong say anything further on the topic and easily moved on to his traveling and soon it was time for Kong to start back to his work city.

Kong and friends started towards their destination. Still, there was some teasing here and there during the drive back and Kong just kept brushing it off. One of his friends suddenly pointed to the name board en route and it hit Kong "that is native of Arthit". He did not realize that their natives are close by and just an hour's drive is all that's needed.

"Hey Kong, tell us we can drop you off at Arthit's and you both can come together" – his friends were teasing him.

And Kong's phone rings – "Yes mom tell me" "Where have you reached?"

"We are just crossing the temple of dawn mom"

"Wow what a coincidence, by the by Congratulations Kong, it is a yes from Arthit's side. I am so happy for you. Arthit will call you; your number uncle has passed it on. Congratulations again. Take care. Don't forget to call or message me after reaching." Thus, the call ends.

"CONGRATULATIONS KONG" – shouted his friends in the car who were eavesdropping on Kong's conversation.

We were teasing you when we said we will drop you off, but now if you really want, we can drop you off at Arthit's – Teasing started.

Kong blushed, he just sat there listening to everything. He needs time to get accustomed to everything. He had not said 'Yes' but apparently, everyone decided it for him.

At Arthit's:

"Oon, tell us about your opinion". Everyone has surrounded Arthit and each was asking his opinion. His mom was able to read that Arthit was kind of getting edgy. So, she pitched in.

"Arthit, we wanted to know how you found talking to Kong. His family etc."

"Mom, I would like to know more about him. Maybe meet a couple of times and then decide".

"That means it is a Yes, jumped Jaya happily."

"Mom, no wait" – Oon stopped her.

"What, you said you want to know more about Kong, right? So that means yes. You guys can get to know each other throughout your life."

Thus, Arthit's dad called up Kong's home and informed that it is Yes from their end.

"Congratulations Oon. It is yes from Kong's side too. We are so happy for you."

'By the by Kong's uncle will message you his number just in case' – teased Arthit's dad 😊

Soon, the conversation shifted to elders reminiscing their engagements, how their meetings were, etc. and Arthit went off to his room.

He does not know what happened. He decided to leave the thoughts and starts packing, he too has to leave in a couple of hours' time.

Message from an unknown number popped on his mobile – "Hi this is Kong's uncle. Here is his number"

Thus, two strangers met as per their families' wishes. No one specifically, clearly said Yes. Both wanted to know about each other before making any decision. However, fate had something else in store for them and the families decided they both are compatible and said Yes on behalf of each other.

In a fraction of seconds, a big change happened in both Kong's and Arthit's Life just by the word 'YES', which either of them did not say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be Continued...

From the Author: That is a wrap of Chapter 03. It is a simple cliché story based on some true events. If the response for this story is well received, at the end I will definitely share some facts.

Sorry if the story is short/long. Please share your comments on how you think about the plot and story. Request you all to read, share your views, encouragements, like and vote. See you soon with the next chapter.

Bye - Lux1986