Of Course, He'd Bring War Home (57)

Alec POV
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Stood in front of us stood two people we had been searching for years.

I had nearly forgotten what Ethan looked like, but he definitely looked different. He looked older and much taller. He had muscles, muscles I never believed he could grow.

There was something about the way he looked at everything. He had changed. Something about the way he looked at us had changed, though I wasn't sure exactly what it was. This was not the Ethan we all knew.

"What do you mean war?" Noah asked as he stood.

"Are we just going to ignore Irene, the witch who hexed us, is here?! Along with the one who ran away?!" Riley asked with shock all over her face.

My eyes then looked at Irene. She was sixteen now, I'm pretty sure, and she definitely looked it. Her hair looked well kept, brushed through. It was wavy and significantly longer than it once had been. She had grown slightly taller as well. Her face had changed and no longer looked like the little fourteen-year-old she once was. I never paid much attention to Irene's appearance, but I knew she looked different too.

"The red pack! They plan to start a war!" Ethan announced. Even his voice had gotten deeper. He was no longer the little boy I remembered; he had grown.

Lonni looked as if she were to pass out.

Leo laughed, "So? We'll just beat them again!"

I wasn't old enough to participate and properly remember how the war played out, but I did grow up hearing all about it. I knew it had been an easy win for us, but the look of fear on Irene's and Ethan's face sent chills down my back.

Irene and Ethan looked at Leo petrified, "You will not be able to," Ethan said so confidently it was unnerving.

"How do you know?" Noah asked.

"Because that's where I went off to! I went there to train and find a woman who knew my mother! They are no longer peaceful! They are trained murderers!" Ethan informed. He spoke from experience.

Soon everything in the room became angry.

He went off to that pack to train. And now he comes back with news of a war? I never wanted to hurt him so badly in my life.

Ethan did not know war; he only knew small battles. I knew what the effect of war was like, I knew the deaths it would bring and the struggles we'd face.

"You went off to the red pack?!" Leo hollered. Ethan grabbed hold of Irene and pulled her back away from us.

"I did! Why did you lie to me, Lonni?" Ethan asked as he looked at Lonni with cold eyes.

"Because they are evil!"

"Because you made them evil!" Ethan snapped. That was new.

I would've normally defended Lonni, but she had lost my respect a while ago. I didn't bother to defend her anymore.

"Watch your tone when you speak to her!" Leo hollered. 

"Don't defend me, Leo," Lonni said coldly to him.  Leo turned back to face her with shock, before he glared.

Ethans eyes observed everything. His eyes had always been observant, but this was different. He used to observe everything as if it were a movie, and as if he were waiting for a signal to run away. These eyes looked as if he were waiting for a signal to defend himself.

"They have already sent some of their troops, it takes three or more months to make it down here and back. That gives us time," Ethan informed, taking the attention once again.