Territory (1)

(A/N): Artwork does not belong to me

"You don't have to do this!" I heard my mother cry as I stormed out of the house

"You don't have to do this!" I heard my mother cry as I stormed out of the house. She chased after me frantically.

I started to regret telling her that I was leaving. I whipped around and snapped at her, "YES I DO, MOM!" Me yelling at my mother got a lot of people to throw nasty looks at me. It didn't help that she was also in tears. I hadn't expected her to react like this, though I should've known better.

I looked around at all of the pack's judgmental looks and sighed, "You don't understand." I sighed, lowering my voice and looked down at her. She hadn't gotten picked on like I had. She didn't have to fear leaving the house, knowing someone was ready with words meant to harm you, and fists ready to be swung.

I had to leave; I couldn't stand the bullying. I had been preparing myself for months, debating whether or not it was a good idea. I had been ready to stay, maybe I would have if I had not been beaten up the day I was considering.

"You're all I have left! You're very strong! The vampires have been looking at our pack and talking to our Alpha for days now. I'm scared of what will happen! I need you to protect me and I will protect you!" My mother cried. Why did she care about me so much now?

She abandoned me years ago. I don't know why but she was able to get me back around two years ago. Even after those two years of having me this week has been the only days of my life where she acted like she loved and needed me. That's only because things are starting to look a little dangerous!

"How am I supposed to protect you? I can't even protect myself."

"Exactly! You cannot leave! You will not survive!" She continued to beg, twisting her own words and stabbing me with guilt and anxiety.

"I survived long enough without you." I narrowed my eyes, glaring at her, "I do not need YOU. Maybe when I was a little kid but not anymore," I said as hatred and resentment started to bubble up from the pit of my stomach. She stayed silent as she used her tears as weapons, continuing to get pity from others while criminalizing me.

I looked away from her and walked off. She didn't chase after, and I didn't look back. I saw from the corner of my eye people running towards her in order to comfort her.

I sped up my pace, trying to leave before people really started to get angry with me. I approached the edge of the woods where a group of kids waited for me, ready to laugh at me and throw their most hurtful words in my direction.

"Aww, leaving so soon?" One kid started. I pushed past the group, trying to ignore their words and laughs.

"You deserve hell," I heard one kid spit, "Making your own mother cry!" She yelled at me.

"She's not my mother," I grumbled under my breath low enough so they couldn't hear me. No mother would do what she's done to their child.

"Maybe if we are lucky, he'll die out there." I heard one kid laugh loudly. That was the one that caused my heart to race with fear. I started to run away as I heard their taunting laughs.