Kids are funny 🐣

Genre: Fluff.         (Easter special)
Word count:1262
Status: Dating
Warnings: none
Takes place: During a video ''Whoever finds the most eggs wins 10 grand' (made up video)

"Today me and the bois have hidden 100 eggs in this park and whoever finds the most wins 10 grand" Jimmy said to the camera. "And instead of one of you guys or the bois finding them we've got something better" the camera then turned to 15 kids between the ages of 6 to 8 and the parent of each kid. "Each kid will have one parent or adult to help them find eggs, whoever finds the most wins and remember they can be anywhere, your aloud to climb up and look under anything, good luck". With that each kid went with one parent and one went with Karl and another went with Chandler since both kids had a sibling and only one parent. Once everyone went looking Jimmy said to the camera "and so you guys know, Karl and Chandler didn't help hide the eggs so theirs no advantages for anyone"

Karl's POV

"Look I found one" Riley said excitedly grabbing an egg. Riley's 8, pretty small, tan, covered in freckles, and has long wavy dirty blonde hair. "And it's golden" She then handed it to me to put in her basket. "Let's keep going".

"How many eggs do you think you'll find" I asked her.

"At least 20" she said confidently. "I want me and my sister to win and she's only 6 and dads pretty slow since he's old"

"He doesn't look old" I added as she found another egg. This one was pink. This girl has some good eyesight.

"He's like 35 that's sooo old" she said. "He's ancient. I laughed a bit at the girl she then stopped seeing something in a tree. "I tink theres a egg up there" she pointed to a tree and saw something shiny.

"There might be" I agreed looking at the shiny thing. It looked like another golden egg.

"Can you reach" she asked. I handed her the basket and tried to reach but I was a couple inches to short. I could definitely tell it was an egg. "Your to short, how your a giant" I laughed a bit at the girls shock and put my foot on the root before pulling myself up and grabbing the egg and climbing back down. "That was so cool".

"What climbing a tree" I asked and out the egg in her basket.

"Yes, I love climbing but my dad won't let me" she said and we continued walking. "He says into clumsy, which I'm not" we continued on like this searching for more eggs by now we had 5 eggs. "Hey I's got a question"

"Hmm"

"Why does that guy keep looking at you" she asked.

"Which guy"

"The brown haired one next to the taller lighter boredom haired one" I looked over and saw she was talking about Chris.

"You mean Chris"

"Is that his name" she asked and I nodded. "Why does he keep looking at you".

"He's my boyfriend" I answered. As she found another egg.

"He's your boyfriend" she asked surprised.

"Yea" i was wondering what she ask next but what she said was not what I expected.

"Are you a lesbian like my mommy is" she asked. "Cause my moms got a girlfriend and they live in LA, I go there every summer".

"No but I'm gay " I answered.

"Isn't Gay the same thing"

"No a lesbian is a girl who likes other girls, like your mom is. Gay is someone who likes the same gender"

"Ohhh so your the opposite of a lesbian" she asked and I nodded.

"Basically, since I'm a guy who likes guys"

"That's sooo cool" she said and stopped. "I think I see a egg" she went under the bush and found two. "Karl look I found two and ones gold"

"Hurry, put them in the basket." She hopped up and stuck them in. Right now we had 8 eggs. She continued telling me about her family and by the end we had 10 eggs. 4 were gold and the rest were different colors.

"Everyone back to the middle, we think all the eggs have been found" Jimmy announced.

"Aww I only got 10" Riley said as we walked back to the middle.

"That's still a lot" I said. "There were 14 other kids"

"Yea but still I wanted at least 20" I smiled at the girl. She definitely sets goals to Hugh for herself but it's cute.

"I bet you'll still win" I said and she smiled.

"You think so" she asked me

"I think so". We had gotten to the middle by now.

Chris POV

"All kids come over here with there baskets" Jimmy said and all the kids went forward. "Now since I'm to lazy to count I want to all to put your hands up" each kid put their hand up. "If you have only 1 egg pit your hand down." No one put a hand down. "Now two eggs" this went on until Jimmy had gotten to 7 and there was only two kids with their hands up. Riley and a little boy. "Put your hand down if you have 8 eggs" both kept there hand up. "Put your hand down if you have 9 eggs" the boy put his hand down and Riley looked over, realizing she had won.

"How many do you have" I asked her.

"10" she said and showed me the basket. J counted and she had 10 eggs.

"How many golden ones" Jimmy asked.

"Four" she said happily.

"Well then, congratulations on winning 14 thousand dollars" Jimmy announced. What he hadn't said was a golden egg equaled 1 grand. Riley screamed excitedly and looked over at her dad, her sister and then at Karl. Jimmy then stood up and looked at the other kids.

"Anyone who has a golden egg come show me how many you have, one golden egg is a thousand dollars.   Kids came over and each had at least one egg since we hid 30. All the hold eggs had been found and kids were walking away with a good amount of money. Also the eggs had candy and toys inside then which made the kids happy. By the time the kids left they all had won something and were all happy. We had cleaned up the set and were all heading home.

"Did you have fun" I asked Karl as we went to my car.

"Yea, and that little girl is funny" he said. "You can definitely tell she's going to be one of those sweet and sassy girls".

"She definitely seems like that" I said and added. "You know how many people are gonna be suspicious that you and her won".

"I know it looks rigged but she found most of them, that kid has some good eye sight" he said as we got into the car. "Today was really fun though"

"I wish I didn't help hide them, would of been fun helping a kid find them". I said and started driving to Karl's house.

"Trust me it was" he said. "Especially seeing her face when she realized she won, I've never seen a kid more exited" Karl said and laid his head on the window. I could tell he was about to dose off.

"Love you"

"Love you to" the rest of the ride was silent since Karl had fallen asleep. You know, this Easter is probably the best Easter.

——————————————————————————
Did I come up with this oneshot idea an hour and a half ago? yes. Did I write it and am posting it without proof reading? Yep. I really like when I write oneshots like this since it's been a while since I've just written one with no thought behind it, just hey it's Easter let's see what my brain can come up with. I hope you like this oneshot and have an awesome Easter if you celebrate it. With that said I also hope you have a good day/night 💚