Chapter 7: high

Okay, I take back what i said, the class was not fun at all, i hated the way both karl and Kyle are twins, i hated the way they interacted with each other, i hated how care free karl is, i hated how he reminds me of jason and mostly i hate that i hate how they acted with each other and i hate that kyle keeps eyeing my sneakers, i just don't know what to feel anymore, am confused.

I continued watching mrs aya while numbly munching on my chocolates well mostly sneakers trying to take my mind of my thoughts.

i could hear karl and his friend quietly laughing which i completely ignored not even bothering to look at them not even once, kyle who was sitting beside me was being annoying as well because i could feel his eyes on me a couple of times.

I felt suffocated for some reason i don't even know, it feels like i couldn't breath, like my lungs where closing in on my hear, like my ribs where closing in on my lungs and my head was throbbing. it wasn't the first time i felt like this, i could feel my breathing getting unstable and my exhales coming out a little bit loud, i quickly dropped the chocolate in my hand and reached for my bottle water inside my bag. I took huge gulps of it trying to make the pain a little bit less, i slid my hands inside my hoodie under my shirt and unhooked my bra straps and leaned my head in the desk thinking of anything but my life right now.

I stayed in that position for a long while thinking of my old life, the happy memories.

"JESSICA get your head of the table!!" I heard Mrs Aya scream i stayed in my position for a minute telling myself not to storm out of the class before i sat up to look at her, she stared at me for a minute before i heard a kid on the left side of the class shouted

"Oh my god! She's high on her first day" and started laughing in a weird way, making some of the students laugh while some kept on with their business.

"Mike shut up or i swear it's detention for you" Mrs Aya said in an angered voice but he kept on laughing for a second, i kept staring at him even though he was already quiet, the class was already quiet but i kept on staring at him which made him nervous and i was glad, the way he was glancing at me while looking at his front only to turn and look back at me again delighted me, i heard Mrs Aya talking to me but i didn't care to comprehend what she was saying cause my mind was completely on the kid named Mike, it was silent for a minute before i took my eyes off of him and looked at Mrs Aya, smiled and said

"okayy mam"

"Well okay good" she turned around and continued with her lesson, i didn't hear a word she was saying and neither do i care my head was still throbbing but the squeeze in my chest was lighter the pain felt less almost as if it was never there to begin with.

I pulled out my phone and looked at the time only to see that we have twenty five minutes more before the bell rings, i couldn't stay in this wretched place for more than a minute so i raised my hand up

"Yes?" Said Mrs Aya

"Can i go to the bathroom?" I asked, she looked doubtful before glancing at her wristwatch and said

"Yes you can go, but be back in five minutes okay?"

"Yeah okay" i said as i picked up my bag pack and started shoving the remaining chocolates back in my bag and threw it over my back, i could feel eyes on me but i ignored them and made my way out, i think it's clear as day that am not coming back here for the day.

I made my way out of the class and kept strolling round the empty halls wondering where the security is or why there aren't any teachers walking around the hall.

I kept walking for a few minutes before i heard some voices and when i listened in, it was old people voice which means there is no way in hell a student has that voice, shit!!! Mom is going to be so pissed if i was to get in trouble on my first day of school, so i opened the door closed to me and went in, i quietly closed the door after me and leaned in to see if i could hear them talking and to my surprise i heard a familiar voice it sounded like Mr Jared my new economics teacher the funny guy, i leaned away from the door and turned to look at the room i was inside, the room was dark so i pulled out my phone and turned on my flashlight to see things covered in blankets, i looked at the wall and saw a light switch and flicked it on and the room was brightly lit in a second which made me close my eyes for a minute, i turned off my flashlight and pocket my phone.

I dropped of my bag pack on the floor and took off my hoodie so that i could hook on my bra but i didn't put on my hoodie back, i left it on the ground.

I made my way towards the nearest blanket covered thing to find out it was a harp, i put the blanket back on the harp and started lifting the blankets to see what was underneath it, so it was a music class.

At the far corner of the class i noticed something big under a blanket and i made my way towards it, it was bigger than most of the things here, i pulled of the blanket to see a piano, a grand piano to be more precise.

I ran my fingers along it's keys and stood there staring at the piano for a minute before i decided to sit on the bench infront of the piano, my fingers hovered on the keys, not knowing what to do, i was having an internal battle, it's been two years since i last played a piano, Caleb was the one who loved it so much and taught me the basics before mom hired a tutor for me when she saw how interested i was in learning.

My hands were shaking as i was about to press a key but i flinched when i heared the bell rang