Chapter 7: rude awakening

Thank you for your patience.  These chapters aren't always easy to make.
Here have a meme:

(I got it off Pinterest)

~——•{^^}•——~

Lloyd POV

L- d...

Llo- d...

Lloyd...

LLOYD!

I gasp as my eyes shoot open to a dimly lit room.  My head is pounding and my body feels bruised.  Panic runs through me as I look around, not recognizing where I am.  "Lloyd!" I can hear the voice call again, this time, though, the voice is right in front of me. Realization explodes into me and I turn my head to see Prince Kai sitting down with his hands behind his back. 

After a moment of my eyes adjusting to the darkness, I can see that thick chains are clamped onto his wrists and ankles.  I then look down at myself, only to see I'm in the same situation.

I look back up at the prince, and my immediate instinct is to see if he's injured.  "Your highness!  Are you okay?"

His breath shutters and nods.  I can tell he's scared, really scared, but physically he looks okay.  I wince when I try to move.  I have a massive headache and my mind can't focus.  My face scrunches up as I sit up and put my legs out in front of me.  I look around and assess the situation. 

The room we're in is small and made out of cold, stone walls.  There is a single metal door on one of the walls that has a small square window made out of iron bars.  There is a faint light shining down what I can only assume is a hallway.  I can see the light moving, so I'm assuming it's either candlelit or torchlit.

I look back at Prince Kai to see he is still trembling slightly.  "How long have you been up?" I ask him.

He shakes his head.  "I don't know.  I can't tell time down here, but it feels like it's been a while.  Your head is bleeding— or, well, was bleeding."

"Well, that explains the pain—" I say.  I can't focus on much of anything.  My brain is all jumbled and my eyes can't focus.  I feel so tired... NO.  No sleeping.  Prince Kai needs me.

"Are you okay?"  He asks me.  I blink a couple times, processing his question.

"I will be once I find out what the hell is going on."  I finally say.  I try to stand but the chains aren't giving me much room to maneuver, so I resort to crawling over to the door and attempting to get myself close to the window.  Kneeling is the closest I can get to it, so I kneel down and extend myself towards the door and put my ear up against it.  I listen for any movement behind it. There's a chance that there are guards posted outside.

I close my eyes to concentrate but no noises from any sort of movement comes. I could try and call out for someone right now and someone would eventually come running, hopefully giving us answers, but that would normally be something I would do if I were alone or at least with one of my teammates.  The truth is, this situation is far more dire than any ordinary kidnapping. Not only do I have another person with me who isn't a ninja, but that person just so happens to be apart of one of the most important monarchs in Ninjago.