Chapter 10: more tea, please

Halfway to 1000 reads!

~——•{^^}•——~

Kai POV

"So, Mistaké, how far away are we now?" I ask her breathlessly as we trudge through the tall prairie grass.  We've been walking for a little while now, and by now the sun has completely disappeared under the horizon.  Since I live in a kingdom, which is technically a city, I never get to see stars because of all the lights and pollution.  So, as I follow Mistake to her house, I can't help but stare up at the open sky.

We're in the countryside, so I can see trillions of stars dancing in the sky, twinkling and glittering as the clouds pass them by.  I'm amazed by the fact that there's no need for a light at all because of how bright the night sky is.  My jaw has been dropped for a while now.  The sight is absolutely breathtaking, and I can't seem to tear my eyes from them.  Is this what Lloyd sees on a nightly basis where he comes from?

I only break my stare when I trip over a root and almost fall onto my face, the result being just like when I had tripped in the tunnel.  Mistaké just rolls her eyes as I laugh nervously, but not in a cold way.  "We're coming upon it now."

I look up from the ground to see a house far off in the distance, it's shadowed silhouette is hard to miss from the moon rays shining onto it.  It almost looks spooky, the way there's just a house in the middle of nowhere, miles away from any human contact.

Once we get in closer, I can make out the distinct features of the house. 

(I'm having trouble describing things today so imagine this but without the forest and water)

The house is one story, but it's pretty big.  It's a traditional Japanese styled house, which I find very interesting because although Ninjago is vary accustomed to Asian culture, this type of building is new to me. My kingdom only has condensed apartment complexes and not much open space apart from Willow's Prairie. The only people who own houses are the more rich people who also own land, but even then it's still not as much as the vast prairie we stand in now.  In fact, having this much space and nature is almost foreign to me.  The only things I've seen like this were through pictures and movies, but I would have never imagined it to be this open.

The outside of the house has a large and beautiful tea garden, with lush green and other colored bushes, rich damp soil, a water pump, a wooden bench overlooking a small pond, and various large mossy rocks placed strategically to pull the whole look together.