Chapter 40

They broke the hug. Avu cupped his face and kissed his forhead which was filled with the feeling of pure motherly love, care and pain of years that passed by without seeing or touching him. She broke the contact with his forhead while her hands were still on his cheeks. She smiled looking at him through hot tears rolling down her eyes uncontrollably. They didn't know should they be happy to find each other or sad over lost time. Besides they were also uncertain of their coming future.

Sana: Let's go inside

She said breaking the silence. Avu nodded quietly and wiped off her tears. Words didn't come out of her throat. Sana kept her hand on her shoulder and guided her inside. Rahul locked the door and went inside along with Avu's bag. Sana brought water for both of them.

Avu: Betho

They all settled down.

Avu: To kaisa chal raha hai sab?

She asked changing the topic.

Sana: Normal. Nothing much. Vahin early morning getting ready and phir school. Bass vahin sab chal raha hai

Avu: Chalo good

Avu: Aur koi problem to nhi aa rhi?

Rah: Nahi. Sab theek hi hai

Avu: Hmm

They were talking about random things.

Rah: Mein breakfast dekh kar aata hu

Avu: Arre aaj mein bana deti hu

Rah: Aap itna safar karke aaye ho. Aur hum roz karte hai

Avu: Isilie to bola. Tum log roz karte ho. To aaj mein kar deti hu na

Rah: Aap rest karo

Avu: Aur mere hote hue mere bache kaam kare mujhe achha nhi lgega

Rah: Mein karta hu....

Avu: (cuts him) Mujhe mana karega. Maaroongi

Rahul raised his hands.

Rah: Okk I surrender

Avu: Good

She went to kitchen. Rahul followed her while Sana sat checking things Avu brought. Rahul was telling her what is kept where.

Avu: Arre mein kar loongi. Tu jaake bethja

Rah: Hnn to mein kidar kuch kar raha hu. Just bata raha hu

Avu: Chal ja aaram se beth ja

Rahul shooked his head in disbelief.

Rah: Okk fine

He went outside beside Sana. They both were seeing what Avu brought for whom. Suddenly they heard doorbell. Both looked at each other anxiousness clear on their face. They again heard the bell. Rahul got up and walked outside. Sana followed him. He opened the door and as expected Sid was standing there with a smile on his face. Rahul touched his feet and hugged him. Sid looked at Sana smiling looking them. Sid opened his other arm while caressing Rahul's hair with one hand. Sana ran into his arm breaking down. Sid breathed in contentment with his two lifelines finally in his arms. He shut his eyes tightly letting fresh tears rolled down his cheeks. He was caressing both of their hair. No matter what their past was or what their coming future will be but one thing was sure that he won't trade this moment with anything. This was the one moment he didn't have words to explain what he was feeling. He kissed both their heads and broke the hug.

They all walked inside. That very moment Avu was coming out of kitchen with plates. They both saw each other. Rahul and Sana were standing quitely worried about their reaction.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter