Ch. 13

Two days later

Y/N uncoiled the bandages from his arms and hands, then tossed them in the trash next to the sink; last day he needed those. Now, time for the morning routine.

Due to the extent of his injuries, and recent developments with his powers, Yen Sid moved the mastery class to a couple months later. That would give Y/N enough time to train and harness his new strength.

For now, it was back to basics. Y/N wondered how Rapunzel would react when they see each other. Doctor Strange told him she was really mad. Their call yesterday confirmed she was still that way. And it definitely showed when he arrived at class. Rapunzel was already there, and didn't even acknowledge his arrival. No wave, no "Good morning!"

Nothing.

Y/N:

He nervously sat down next to her

Y/N: Uh, hey, Rapunzel.

The blonde looked over at him with an angry side-eye.

Rapunzel: ....Morning.

Y/N: Uh, y-you look nice today. New braid?

Rapunzel: No. I've always done it this way.

Even rebuffed his flirt.
Yep, still mad at him.
Yes, he deserved that.
Her curt reply made him scoot away.

Y/N: Right. Sorry.

Yen Sid appeared in front of the two with his usual puff of smoke.

Yen Sid: Good morning, Rapunzel. Y/N, glad to have you back in class after your absence.

Y/N saw Rapunzel's folded hands on the desktop tighten their grip. Her lower lip quivered, wavering her stern frown

Y/N: ....L-Look, Rapunzel, I want to-

Rapunzel: Can we- just do the lesson? Please?

Y/N shut up and brought his attention back to the front.

Yen Sid: As I was saying, the class for today is something I was recently informed about. This is about conjuring the Azure Flame.

Y/N: Y-Yes, Master Yen Sid. I'm, familiar with it.

Yen Sid: While it is impressive you were able to conjure it, consider yourself lucky to walk away, being a novice.

Y/N: Why?

Rapunzel: The Azure Flame is much stronger and hotter than normal fire.

Yen Sid: Correct. Its power is comparable to that of the Viridi Fire, which is said to burn that way from its wielder's malice. But the other isn't controlled in that manner.

Y/N looked at his right arm and flexed his fingers. The flame-shaped scars twinged in memory of the fire's heat.

Y/N: So, if that fuels the one, what about what I used?