Chapter 7

The next day, Pixar came in more dressed up than the day before. They wanted to look their best for their first "networking" date with Dreamworks. They quickly walked over to their desk and began filling out whatever paperwork they had for the day. Disney came in only a little while later with a coffee in one hand and his phone in the other. Pixar watched him for a moment, gathering up their courage, before walking tentatively over to his desk. Disney glanced up at them, briefly acknowledging their presence. 

Pixar took a deep breath before saying, "Good morning sir, I wanted to inform you that I will be having a networking meeting during my lunch break." Disney nodded, not looking up from his phone. Pixar sighed silently as they walked back to their desk. They didn't notice, however, how Disney's grip on his coffee tightened. Pixar continued to fill out paperwork and follow Disney to his meetings until 11:30. They checked their email to find one sent by Dreamworks. They smiled to themselves as they opened it and found out where they would be meeting. Pixar gathered their things before heading out the door. 

"Make sure you're back by 12:30," Disney quickly ordered as the door closed behind Pixar. They stopped for a second before continuing out of the building. He was really getting on their nerves.
-
Disney frowned to himself once Pixar closed the door. He reopened the tab he had open, trying to find a good freeform jazz lounge. They were booked all throughout Hollywood. He grumbled to himself before opening up his list of contacts to see who could help. His eyes landed on an a very furry yet handsome man. Disney smiled to himself. The Lorax. He dialed the number and waited before he heard a gruff voice speak. 

"Hello?" He asked, trying to be heard over what sounded like the jazz lounge being set up for the night. 

Disney smirked as he said, "long time no see fuzz ball." 

The Lorax was silent for a second as he moved to a more quiet area, "What do you want?" He asked. "I paid my debt to your father, so I don't owe you nothin'," he rambled. 

Disney nodded half-heartedly as he listened before saying what he wanted, "Two tickets for tomorrow night at your jazz lounge." 

The Lorax grumbled, "I told you I don't owe you nothin'!" His voice got louder as he continued, "Just leave me and my business alone!" 

Disney laughed slightly, "Don't forget I own your fuzzy ass. I could free Illumination anytime I want, and then he would be your problem." 

There was a pause before the Lorax said, "eepum uphm apiest ears of mah ife." Disney understood the Lorax's secret language. 

"I'm glad we have an understanding," Disney replied, leaning back in his chair, "and tell Berry I said hi." That was the last thing he was able to get out before the Lorax ended the call.