Chapter 9

Sorry for disappearing for a while, but here's a long chapter to make up for it!

Pixar worried the entire drive back to the office. They were so late. But then they remembered Dreamworks and her offer. They smiled a bit as they pulled into the headquarters parking lot. Even if they did end up getting fired, they had another (maybe even better) job waiting for them. They took a deep breath as they approached the office. Whatever was waiting for them past those doors, they could get through it. Pixar opened the doors to reveal Disney sitting at his desk, staring straight back at them. Pixar gulped at the intensity of Disney's gaze and felt their lightbulb heat up. 

"Come in, Pixar," Disney said, a cold smile creeping onto his face. Pixar did as he said and stepped into the office, closing the door behind them. They then crossed the room until they were right in front of his desk. 

"I'm so sorry, sir," Pixar blurted, the icy silence eating at them. "There's no excuse for why I was late, I promise to be more mindful of the time going forward," they explained, closing their eyes. They waited for Disney to get angry or coldly fire them, but when that didn't happen, they opened their eyes to see Disney studying them carefully. 

"As punishment, you will work overtime and come with me to a business dinner tomorrow night," Disney said, leaning back in his chair. Pixar blinked in surprise. That was it? They didn't ask any questions, however, and simply nodded before walking back to their desk. "Ah," Disney said, raising a hand, "I need you to come with me to check in on the filming for Toy Story 4." Pixar internally groaned at the thought of spending the rest of their shift next to him, but they followed him out the door anyway.

-

Disney was acutely aware of Pixar's presence the entire way to the filming studio. His heart was racing from the "punishment" he had given them. He knew that they couldn't refuse it but he still enjoyed how readily they agreed to it. He could already imagine Pixar falling for him over the course of the "date". As they approached the studio doors, Disney had to quickly wipe off the smile that was forming on his face before entering. The set had changed, and it seemed they were filming the president scene. The set had been transformed into the Oval Office. At the desk sat Joe Biden. He was speaking to Woody while Adam Sandler stood off to the side with a jealous look. Disney walked over to him, seeing that the director was busy speaking to the cameraman. 

"Adam!" He called, "not getting enough attention?" 

Adam tensed before turning to Disney angrily, "What's that supposed to mean?" He asked. Disney smiled to himself, he loved to get under people's skin. 

"Woody is taking all of the president's attention," Disney said, "what else would I mean?" 

Adam relaxed a bit, his eyes looking back at Woody, "Yeah, well it's not like he'll be here much longer." Disney nodded before walking over to the president and Woody. 

"Mr. President, I'm so thankful for your time today," Disney said, patting him on the shoulder. As soon as he did, a secret service man stepped out of the shadows and pulled Disney back. 

"Bob, please, let him go," Joe said. Bob immediately let go and backed away into the shadows once more. "Sorry about that, Mr. Disney, these guys take their jobs very seriously," he chuckled, patting Disney on the arm. Disney, slightly irritated, laughed along. 

"No, of course Mr. President," he replied. 

"I must admit I was surprised you all called me in for this movie," Joe continued, "can't wait to show my grandchildren!" Disney couldn't correct him by saying it was actually rated MA, he couldn't let the PRESIDENT back out of the film. The thought of all the money he would get from it pulled him into a trance. It was only broken by the director calling for everyone to get to their places. Disney stepped off the stage and watched Woody and Adam exchange strange looks before filming began. The president was speaking to the both of them after Woody had revealed to Adam that he had partnered with the CIA to take down the mafia. Adam had agreed to help, being scorned by the mafia, and was now meeting with the president before the climax of the film. Disney was satisfied with how the film was going once they wrapped up the scene. He was about to leave the set when he heard hushed voices from the storage room. His interested piqued, Disney pressed against the door and realized who was in there. It was Woody and Adam Sandler.