Sundays with Mong

Minju's POV:

It was Sunday and we were woken up by Alex Eomma at around Six in the morning so we could join her for breakfast. It was customary for Alex Eomma to prepare our breakfast on Sunday, she prepares a jiggly stack of pancakes and three bacons and some hash as well as some sausages and sausage patties. Alex Eomma always did this for our breakfast, even on Weekdays, she always cooked us three jiggly pancakes, three bacons, hash and either a sausage or sausage patties. We weren't used to Pancakes for breakfast and if I am being honest, I loved the breakfast Han-eul Appa prepared for us. She goes all out on Sundays, even making time to cut us some fresh fruits on the side.

Though there are times, especially during the start of the month, when Alex Eomma couldn't get up because of her abdominal cramps. She had worst abdominal pains on her first day of menstruation, that she practically shouts at Han-eul Appa, really very bossy to Han-eul Appa, which Han-eul Appa always kept quiet and just smiles at Alex Eomma. She just serves Alex Eomma. Han-eul Appa is wacky but cares for everyone like it was her role to be the care taker of everyone in the team. Han-eul Appa would cook us her Filipino Breakfast for a week on start of the month. Then let Alex Eomma prepare breakfast the rest of the weeks. I kind of wish that they take turns but no one was complaining and Alex Eomma makes some super jiggly pancakes, it was unbelievably soft and jiggly that it made me look forward to mornings.

Alex Eomma calls me Baby or Babe, so as everyone else in the team. Three of the other trainees specifically Chaewon Unnie, Duck Unnie and Yuri she calls JoYuRiz cause the three looked so much alike. Their frame and stature were also the same, height same. The only characteristic of Yena Unnie is her pouty lips that resembled a duck's beak. Ducky as Mong calls her was a game addict, her specialty is the claw machine, one time we hanged out before Chuseok Holiday last year, she won lots of things from the catcher machine, that I think the arcade we've been to would go bankrupt with her abilities to win prizes. Similarly, I'm good with catcher machines too. Mong didn't like Catcher Machines, she liked other games but not the Catcher Machines. She'd rather play hoops or those timing machines to win tickets which could be exchanged for prizes.

We now sat at the table, having breakfast with Alex Eomma. Sunday was her favorite day, cause she gets to go home to her parents and little brother who was same age as me. She lives in Gangnam, her Mother was still searching for her oehaelmoni, cause her mother was adopted by an American Couple. Alex Eomma vowed to help her Mother look for her grandma. It was a thing, she will never get to fulfill. Alex Eomma was smiling at the both of us.

"You two will just stay here? Any plans? Don't you both miss your parents?" Alex Eomma asked us.

"Uhm... I am spending time with Eomma right now." Mong replied to her.

"What? You mean later?" Alex Eomma tried to correct Mong.

"No, as in right now, here at this table. Lexie is her name." Mong replied to her with a giggle.

"Your Mother's name is Lexie too?" Alex Eomma asked her giggling.

"Eomma! You are my Eomma. My real life parents are too busy running Hotels." Mong replied to her.

"What about you Baby Min?" Alex Eomma asked me.

"I'm going to the Aquarium with Kwangbae Oppa, she offered to take me." I replied to her.

"So, you guys really don't have a family. Gad, poor babies. I promise to take you both to Gangnam next Sunday." Alex Eomma replied with a giggle.

"Actually next week, they're free. We're coming home next week." Mong replied to her giggling.

Causing a pout from Alex Eomma.

"Kidding, Eomma, sure, we'll go to Gangnam next Sunday." Mong replied.