Chaeyeon's Birthday

Minju's POV:

A year later...

We've been busy the past year that we hardly ever had time to breathe. Especially over the last three months as we prepared for Chaeyeon's Birthday. It was January 11 and it was the fifth year since both parents left us. Chaeyeon's siblings enlisted our help in keeping their Unnie in Korea and actually come for her Birthday Party. So beginning last year, we implemented a ban on her start of the month travels. We only allowed her to go on the 15th and have two weeks off. That was the agreement we reached. All to keep her here. Usually she goes after end of the month and then continue her leave for three weeks at a time. Chaeyeon was currently in a meeting with upper management. It would take her half the day as we were finalizing our line up and how we would go about it is still a mystery to us, because all those who successfully got in were also removed after the week ends. There was an immense pressure on Chaen right now to finally complete her line up.

We worked on the decorations as opposed to actually practicing her Choreography for the day. We can actually skip evaluations for the day, that's how influential we are with Chaeyeon. Her siblings are already here, despite Chaeryeong's hectic schedule. She recently made her debut at JYP, she was now part of the group called ITZY. Hyewon, Chaewon Unnie, Yuri and I loved their first album. They debut a year ago in February. I am friends with Yeji, the leader of ITZY, Chaeryeong and Ryujin are also my friends. The two of them are inseparable and have been dating prior to debuting. Ryujin was also here helping us with the decorations. Ryujin and Chaeryeong are a lovely couple, I hope Chaeyeon finds her special someone soon along with debuting with us, it was one of my fervent wishes for her, to find someone who will help her cope.

It was about time, she already spent like six years being single and emotionally unavailable. She stopped bringing women in the dorm very recently. I guess she is starting to go and straighten herself out. I still haven't said any word to her for about two years now. It was easy for me not to speak up since I love silence. She's been asking me if I was mad but it was met with my silence. I still held her in my arms over the last year. I also included her quite often on dinner with our families. Because as much as I hated her with a passion, I also still love her like my Father. Only my actual Father is really the nicest man I've ever met. No one beats him for Best Appa ever, I still considered her as my Father. I just don't tell her what's wrong with me. Now, everytime she was ready to scream her head off and she sees me staring right into her eyes, she ends up leaving the room herself and not screaming at someone for messing up the steps.

I allowed her to cry and scream in my arms during that week of May last year. That's all I took from her and any other day I would stare her in the eyes, those stares that tells her if she screams I'm done with her. It has worked so far, the times she spent screaming her head off was lessened 99% of the time with the 1% being that week of May. My silence was driving her insane, I plan to talk to her again on the anniversary of when I stopped talking to her, June tenth. Now, my silence is still evident, she doesn't get free passes just because it's her birthday. Albeit the silent treatment, I'm still celebrating her birthday by helping out the team in preparing a surprise for her together with her siblings Chaeryeong and Chaemin. Chaemin was also here, she's beside me cutting out the streamers. It was almost lunch and Chaen wouldn't be back until it is time for the evaluations just like she had previously while being on one of these meetings.

We had three hours exactly to finish decorating the practice room. Chaewon Unnie went ahead and picked up food and cake with Yuri that Mong and I ordered for this celebration. They just have to go and get it for us, everything was already paid for by us. I tasked Hyewon to get party hats and other supplies that we needed such as party canon poppers and the number five candle. Which will be reused in the other members' birthdays. The last person to take the candle while cleaning up after the party will be the person to arrange the surprise party. Last year it was Mong Oppa again to take the candle. I took the candle next because it became sort of a way to get her back for celebrating my birthday over the years. Prior to the deaths of the dorm parents, we always took turns in celebrating each other on the day of our birth. It was our thing to visit the Aquarium or Other Museums around Seoul.