Haneul Appa and her sad songs

Minju's POV:

It has been two years since Eunbi Unnie joined WM Training. She rose from Class D, to Class C. She was with Yena Unnie. I was an incoming highschool Junior. It was January fourth and I woke up early again to go to school. I stuck a note on Mong Oppa's cheeks, got my gummies and ate it. Then made my way out to the dining table and I found Haneul Appa singing a particularly sad song, the back ground music of guitar was playing as Haneul Appa sang the mellow rhythmed song.

Sa gabing kay dilim...

Hinahanap ko ang kahulugan ng mga panahong lumipas lang

Nang walang pasintabi

Ako ay iniwan.

Mga matang noon ay may kislap pa

Ngayon ay mugtung mugto sanay sa luha

Sadyang ganto nga ba ang buhay dito sa lupa.

Kaya hihigpitan ko ang kapit sa mga

Kamay ng oras nang 'di 'to lumipas lang

Sana ay aking sinulit ang panahon na tayo'y mga bata pa.

I didn't quite understand the lyrics, but she sang in a soft voice. The lyrics were in Tagalog, a deep Tagalog. I found out from Haneul Appa that the Philippines had Eight majorly recognized dialect. Kapampangan being one of the eight recognized dialects. The Philippines consisted of Seven thousand and one hundred seven islands, each one of these islands had their own dialects used for communication. The Tagalog Language for example had varieties to it, it depends on what part of the island you are at when speaking the language.

Her Tagalog was the Northern Variant of the language. She calls me Magayon, she explained that Magayon was the daughter of a Chieftain in Albay, a town in the Philippines, her Mother Dawani or Rainbow in English died shortly after giving birth to her. She grew up to be a beautiful woman, Pagtuga was a suitor of hers and her knight in shining armor the one who saved her from drowning was Panganoron, he killed the rival chieftain which happened to be the father of Pagtuga. Pagtuga shot an arrow towards Magayon who was running to meet Panganoron, then she died in his arms and then a soldier of Pagtuga killed Panganoron. The Mayon Volcano was believed to be Magayon, it was where her father burried her and her lover Panganoron. Magayon meant Beautiful and she calls me this because according to her, I am beautiful.

"Magandang Umaga, Dyosa Magayon." She greeted me without looking up from the pan she had.

"Magandang Umaga din po, Tatay Makusog." I replied to her laughing.

She taught me how to say Good Morning in Tagalog and how to say Appa in Tagalog. She was always a quirky and weird Appa to us. She calls Chaen Pagtungga, a contraption of Tungga which meant to drink and Pagtuga which meant eruption. She was funny like this in bestowing nicknames to us. She calls Mong as Mah-nongan, a supreme diety of the Ifugaos, in control of everything. See how she created nicknames for us three? She has more nicknames than you could imagine for me and I honestly love every bit of her nicknames for me.