Don't need Apologies

The summer before last was the train wreck of my life. Elliot Greene, the love of my life, ruined my life. At the time he was my boyfriend and I loved that bigheaded loser, but he didn't love me back. When he found out I would do anything and everything for him, he decided it was time for a little drama. Elliot decided to jump up and say he was through, through with him and me. He was through with our relationship. He broke up with me and told the whole school him and I "did it" in the locker rooms on the last day of sophomore year. Of course I was the last one to hear about it, because on the first day of junior year Lisa Lewis came up to me and called me a slut. I cried in the bathroom.

I never got his apology, but I don't need his apology. I understand he just wanted to make and uproar in the hormonal halls of Valley High. That's why I decided that in the middle of junior year I would jump in a car and never come back to this shit-whole of a town. Sadly I haven't gotten the opportunity. Until today.

When we arrived back home from school, my sister Mary and I, my parents dropped a surprising bomb on us. They stated that they were going away for business, very important might I add, for their very important jobs.

"But mom-" Mary complained.

"Honey, I'm sorry, we have to go again, but you and Jan will be okay. We actually have somewhere where you can stay while we are gone." My father reasoned.

"What?" I chimed in.

"You know my brother Josh?" My father said.

"Uncle Josh?" My sister questioned.

You see 'Uncle Josh' was actually our father's best friend. They've been like brothers since the day they met. I don't know the exact story of how they met, because every time dad starts talking about Josh I zone out. At least dad isn't going to tell the story again.

"Yes, he's going to take care of you girls for awhile, while your mother and I are away."

"So does this mean you guys are going to be away for longer than usual, like not a few days, but.." Mary trailed off.

My parents go away for a few days at a time, because of their jobs. They never go into full detail of what they work as and we never ask. Usually when they go away for a long time they have someone in the district to take care of us so we don't miss school. Josh doesn't live close, so where are we going to attend? A nearby school?

"We are going away for six months."

I snap out of my thoughts and look at my parents dumbfounded. This is longer than they've ever left us. Wait.

"Mom, Dad, where does Josh live?"

They share a look with each other and turn back to me.

"Josh lives in New Hampshire."

This is a great thing for me. Now Elliot and his friends taunting laughs wont haunt me in the halls. Mary looks quite happy too. I know she's been having a tough time at school also. Her best friend, or should I say ex best friend dated Garrett Vale, Mary's crush since forever. You can imagine a fifteen year olds horror.

Knowing that your best friend isn't really your best friend. I actually feel bad for her.

This opportunity that has presented itself is a wish come true. I smile and look back at Mary to meet her wide grin.

"So you girls aren't that torn up about this I take it?" My mother asks.

"Nope!" We both say in unison as we pop our 'p'.

"Great."

==

Ever since I can remember I have packed a bag at least twice a year. Packing is a normal thing for my family and me. It should bother me leaving so far away, but it doesn't. It across the country, but I could carless. This small town in Washington is getting so old. It's dull. I'm over it.

I go to grab some pants from my drawer, but when I pick them up I find an old diary. It's at the bottom of my drawer in the very back. I open it up and sit on my bed to continue reading. It reads:

Dear Diary,

Elliot is the boy of my dreams. How can one boy look so great in track pants? When we get back to school I will talk to Elliot and we will be together. I wonder if he ever thinks about me. Would if he does? Would if him and me are soul mates? My life would be complete.

Anyways, I should get to bed. Goodnight Diary.

With love,

Jan Livvy.

That was too painful ever for me. Wincing I decide to skip to something more interesting in the diary. I find the day he asked me to be his girlfriend.

December 12th, 2012

Dear Diary,

Elliot asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes of course. Anyone in his or her right mind would. Elliot and I are meant to be! I don't know why I never talked to him the first day I met him. I mean I guess I didn't want to look like a complete idiot. Having Elliot as my boyfriend has completed my whole existence. I wonder how long him and I will last. Hopefully forever.

Love,

Jannie

I was desperately in love. At the time I didn't know he was such a jerk. I'm glad it didn't last as long as I was hoping it would. He just wasn't the right guy and I was the pathetic girl who fell in love with him. I've moved on. Now lets skip to where he shatters my heart.

July 28th, 2013

Dear Diary,

Elliot is such a jackass. How the hell did I ever think he was the one? He told everyone we had sex in the locker room. WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCCCKKKK. I'm a virgin and I am in tears. How could this happen to me? How could I love someone like him? Why did I ever take a chance on him? Why did I fall in love with him? What can I do to save my ass? How can I go these two more years with these malefic people? What am I going to do? I have no one. Except you.

Love,

Jan

Reading over this has taught me so many things about how I should approach my new school and life. It has also taught me that I don't need apologies. Living with Josh will be one great ride. I am excited to be going somewhere with a new outlook on life. I am also excited for getting to know whomever these people are that I will be living with.

As I continue packing I think of all the new surroundings that will come with living with Josh.

==

A/N: My fellow readers, hello. Yes another new book, because I loveee writing. I also loved writing this. It was cool. Jumping into a new life with these girls will be exciting. I'm excited. Now let's give my girls a warm welcome. I pictured Jan as being Lucy Hale and for Mary I pictured Maia Mitchell. They are stunning and I love the shows their both on. (Pretty Little Liars and The Fosters) If yall want can you just put who you think the parents would be. I honestly have no clue, and I know they wont be a big part of the book, but still. I want my characters faces in my head. Anyways, thanks and have a wonderful day.