🌺 "I think I know now" Keiji Shinogi x child!male!reader Part 2

A/n: Yet another one from Tumblr. This one basically request a part 2 of the first Keiji one-shot I did. I hope you enjoy.
___________________________________________

After a long day of school, you finally came back home. It was a little bit difficult escaping the girl who threw rocks at you.

You opened the door to see Keiji, your adoptive father, making dinner for you two. "How was school today?" He asked.

"It was okay." You said simply in a tired tone.

You really didn't want your dad getting involved in the drama with rock throwing bully. You though that it was better not to tell him at all

However, Keiji somehow knew something was off with you.

He decided to investigate.

By investigate, he meant he went to pick you up for school without telling you.

You were on your way out of the school when you saw the pink haired girl who threw rocks at you. You never really knew why, she just did.

And she did it again today, the difference is that now your dad will be here to witness it happen.

When Keiji saw her do it, he ran up to her and said "This is the police, not another step."

"Ghh! The police!?" Pink haired girl said in shock "I didn't even do anything illegal!"

"Maybe, but what you were doing is very mean and you should stop that." Keiji said.

"Keiji, what are you doing here?" You asked.

"I came here to pick you up." He simply replied.

"Huh..." Pink haired girl said and grunted "I see how it is. You got your dad to fight your battles. This isn't over!"

When she left Keiji took your backpack and put it in the back of a car.

"Nobody bullies my son. Come to me if she ever bothers you again." He said.

When he drove you home, you two got ready for sleep.

"Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?" Kriju asked, laying next to you.

"I didn't want you to fight my battles." You answered him.

"Oh, so that's what that was all about." Keiji said. He suddenly hugged you "You know, when you become a policeman, you will have to fight most of your battles alone. I won't be there to protect you."

"I know. That is why I wanted to solve this on my own." You said.

"You misunderstood me." He told you "I wanted to say that I want to protect you while I'm still in a position to do so. There will be a lot of time for you to fight your own battles." He stopped talking for a second before asking you "Do you know why she was throwing rocks at you?"

"I genuinely don't know." You answered him "We have been cool with each other for a while and then one day she just started randomly throwing rocks at me."

Keiji looked at me before smirking "Did you ever consider that maybe it's because she likes you? Young girls with too much pride sometimes do that."

"What!?" You said kind of in shock.

"Wow... Sure hope I didn't scare my future daughter-in-law." Keiji teased.

"Dad... Stop teasing me..." You said before turning your back at him, still in his big arms.

You couldn't see it, but Keiji had that stupid smirk on his face.

That was the first time you called him dad and it sure wasn't the last.

A few years later, a bit older Keiji opened the door only to see a police officer. "What have I done to get police knocking on my door? Am I in trouble?" He asked.

"Dad, stop teasing me." You said "I'm on my break and since my patrol was in the neighborhood, I thought I should deliver this to you personally."

You handed him a letter. "What is this?" He asked.

"An Invitation to my wedding." You said.

"Heh." Keiji chuckled "Looks like I didn't offend my daughter-in-law enough to not get invited. I'm kinda glad."

"Dad." You said a bit coldly "That happened years ago."

Even though you didn't know it, Keiji was still very proud every time he heard you call him dad.

Keiji only smirked at you "You're just salty 'cause I ended up being right."