Chapter 9: Unusual Duo

Haknyeon abruptly woke up to the sound of a vacuum starting from somewhere around the house. Just great, this was the last thing he needed on his special Sunday off..

He was so tired after days of being stressed about a... certain customer... who keeps coming back with a new 'friend' every time. It's very confusing that it's becomeing a reoccurring thing- but it's becoming a distraction. Mainly because Sunwoo looks (sadly) amazing. Like, come on, who was he to be blessed with good looks? And thanks to these thoughts, Haknyeon was fully awake and needed to get up.

Haknyeon lazily shuffled to move off the bed, slipped into his minion house slippers, and headed towards his room door. As he walked out, the vacuum noises welcomed him even louder, sadly making him remember he can'tgo back to sleep.

"Wakey wakey, you little piggy."

He looked into the living room to see Changmin smiling brightly at him while holding the vacuum handle in one hand. The tv was playing some American show with subtitles, which he will change in a little bit. Those shows were never good anyways. He lazily shuffled his feet towards his friend, and once he got there, he stopped right in front of the older. Changmin just turned off the vacuum and leaned into the big hug presented to him. This was how Hak showed affection- just hugging and cuddling until Min didn't want to do it anymore. Which has always been about ten seconds, and that's if he's really trying to be nice.

After 6 seconds (told you), Haknyeon headed to the couch side with the remote. Once there, a foldable table was placed in front of him with some pancakes, orange, and milk placed on it. It was all organized nicely on a shiny ceramic plate that they've had stored in the cabinets. When was the last time they even used them...?

"I already made breakfast. Just change the channel to what you want. I'll be busy cleaning." Changmin, to Haknyeon personally, is truly incredible. Even if he's rich, his friend was always stubbornly hard-working enough to genuinely want to do things by himself to prove he's capable. Haknyeon never knows who he's trying to prove this to (or why) because everyone who truly knows him thinks he's an amazing person. But whatever, who is he to question his friend's life?

He just watches as his friend is busy cleaning the house to his liking. Sometimes Haknyeon wonders how he got so lucky to be able to live with his best friend, and also live in said friend's nice abode.

Changmin and Haknyeon have been friends since both were in elementary. It all started when Hak was bullied, which lead to Minnie being his savior. At first, Changmin was only doing it out of moral obligation, but they soon got closer until they were inseparable.

After some circumstances, Haknyeon had nowhere to live, and because his friend has a lot of money and amazing parents that loved Hak, they bought a two-person apartment that they share for college. The apartment was nice, having two bathrooms for both of the big bedrooms, a living room with a balcony leading outside, a kitchen, and a laundry room. Obviously, Hak had morals and was going to push and push until he could pay back somehow... but couldn't because he had no money.

Once of legal age, Hak got to work, getting two jobs while keeping up with school- even during college. Now, he helps with part of the rent and their electric bill- which was probably the worst part of the deal because they both use their phones and TV a lot. Especially now with the group chat.

Speaking of the group chat, he's truly been enjoying himself with it. He didn't expect it to be as... vibrant...as it was. No one has seemed too suspicious yet, but he'll keep his eye out. He plans on private chatting with some people eventually, but no one seems truly trustworthy yet. So, he won't be doing any of that for now. Only watching and waiting.

"What are you spacing out about?" Changmin appeared to be done as he was sitting right next to him while staring at whatever was on TV.

"Oh, nothing. I just remembered that I live with you and almost cried-" The sound of the pillow against his face was loud in his ear. All he could do was giggle at his friend's feistiness.

"Watch your mouth. I'm still a year older than you."

"Since when have you been strict on formality?"

"Since you started gaining a smart-ass mouth. Now eat, and get your head out the clouds. I have guests coming over and I need you to mop while I clean the bathrooms."

Hak just looked at his friend questioningly. He always knew Changmin had friends, just never bothered to learn about them because that would be prying. He was staying under his roof and with his help- who was he to start demanding information? So, he just hears about these friends but never the technicalities about them.

"I'm assuming the guests are those two boys you talk about a lot? You three seem close."

"Yeah, it's those two. They wanted to chill today and they decided," He rolled his eyes, "on their own, to relax at our house. I didn't even get a say in it." Minnie just heaved a heavy breath as he started grabbing cleaning supplies.

"Cool. Now I know what I'm gonna do today."

"And what's that, Nyeonie?"

"Find a way to avoid being home. It's cool, because I just got my paycheck from the cafe yesterday, so I'ma go shopping."

"Thanks Hak. I appreciate you giving me the house alone."

"Of course. And tell them I said hi."

Haknyeon just chuckled before he got to work, internally whining away and moping the house. After a couple sweeps on the hallway floor, he suddenly remembered the group chat. And he's, sadly, been stuck and can't make up his mind on whether or not he should tell Changmin about it at all. What would he think? How would he respond?

Eh, maybe he'll just wait.